Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New here...just moved to Scottsdale,AZ

New here...just moved to Scottsdale,AZ

Old Jul 29th 2006, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New here...just moved to Scottsdale,AZ

Originally Posted by StephC1520
Ooh!!! Thanks for the Brit Store info!! We have been DYING for some good food! We didn't think there were any in the area and were going to order stuff on-line. Do you know anywhere that makes good sausages? We like to have fry ups on the weekends (trying to make it only once a week! )but the sausages here just don't cut it!
Steph,

If you have a Sprouts near you, it's an organic food store of sorts, they now sell British bangers and they're good
Old Jul 29th 2006, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
I'm in Chandler and got to the expats meet ups, when ever partystar arranges them....
You didn't show up for the last one my man, and we had newbies there and we missed ya
Old Jul 29th 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
Steph,

If you have a Sprouts near you, it's an organic food store of sorts, they now sell British bangers and they're good
Interesting. There is one on Ray and Dobson in Chandler. Might have to go check it out this afternoon.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Interesting. There is one on Ray and Dobson in Chandler. Might have to go check it out this afternoon.
$3.99 a pound I'll tell you how they taste after dinner tonight.
Attached Thumbnails New here...just moved to Scottsdale,AZ-100_0980.jpg  
Old Jul 30th 2006, 5:42 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh!!! Thanks for the Brit Store info!! We have been DYING for some good food! We didn't think there were any in the area and were going to order stuff on-line. Do you know anywhere that makes good sausages? We like to have fry ups on the weekends (trying to make it only once a week! )but the sausages here just don't cut it!
There's also a place on 7th and central (pm me I'll give you the details),
that makes sausage better than in the UK. A factory that makes sausage from all over the world, still waiting to try it myself but comes highly recommended.

Curries are good, IMO, from the Indian Gate, Chandler BLVD and the I 10.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 5:46 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't show up for the last one my man, and we had newbies there and we missed ya
Some fool arranged it the same night as the boxing.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'd give the Sprouts bangers a 6 out of 10. They tasted a little bratwursty and salty. But I'd buy them again.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Curries are good, IMO, from the Indian Gate, Chandler BLVD and the I 10.
Not sure if you seen the two Indian places on Baseline and McClintock? One just looks like a take out and it's behind the Jack in the Box on Baseline and the other I believe is called Passad? and is behind the Fastgas opposite the Chevy dealer on McClintock. I'm just two blocks from there, but haven't had chance to sample the fair.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:42 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

I'd give the Sprouts bangers a 6 out of 10. They tasted a little bratwursty and salty. But I'd buy them again.

I just bought some pork sausages from walmart today (a local brand I believe) that look suspiciously like British bangers. Once I've tried them I'l let you know.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 9:27 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

$3.99 a pound I'll tell you how they taste after dinner tonight.
I went & bought some yesterday too, as well as a nice leg of lamb which I'm cooking for dinner, I make the best roasts!!!
Old Jul 31st 2006, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Some fool arranged it the same night as the boxing.
Cheeky b*g*er! I made that date as we had out of towners coming with us as well....and boxing over an evening with us lovely people. PAH!!! We even managed to have a disagreement with Tony and we were very clever and used the menu board in the restaurant bit to write rude British words
Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:31 am
Payed up premium member

Cheeky b*g*er! I made that date as we had out of towners coming with us as well....and boxing over an evening with us lovely people. PAH!!! We even managed to have a disagreement with Tony and we were very clever and used the menu board in the restaurant bit to write rude British words

So are we due another?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

StephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to behold

I'm in Chandler and got to the expats meet ups, when ever partystar arranges them....
Well....I haven't been to an expat meetup yet...I have always had something going on...but really want to go..
When was your last meetup?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well....I haven't been to an expat meetup yet...I have always had something going on...but really want to go..
When was your last meetup?

Next one is this Friday Can you make it?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

StephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to behold

Next one is this Friday Can you make it?
Don't think we have anything planned. Where will it be?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.