Reload this Page >

New To Forum, Please Help!

New To Forum, Please Help!

Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Jaygee61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New To Forum, Please Help!

Hello all!

I hope this is the right place for this question. I'm a US citizen currently staying in the UK on an extended visit. I'm returning to the US in a week's time and my British fiance is going to join me next month. We plan to marry in the US, which isn't a problem. I plan to return to the UK to live permanently and this is where my question comes in...

Once my partner and I are married she will return to England and I will remain in the States while we file a spousal visa for my return. My problem is that I have a felony conviction from 30 years ago for unarmed robbery which has since become a closed case. I'm pretty sure that I don't even have to declare this on my application, but not 100% sure. Please advise.

Also, I have unpaid traffic violation fines that are currently active. Should I declare these or not since their just civil code infractions? Will I be denied a visa if I DO declare them? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:39 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New To Forum, Please Help!

Originally Posted by Jaygee61
Hello all!

I hope this is the right place for this question. I'm a US citizen currently staying in the UK on an extended visit. I'm returning to the US in a week's time and my British fiance is going to join me next month. We plan to marry in the US, which isn't a problem. I plan to return to the UK to live permanently and this is where my question comes in...

Once my partner and I are married she will return to England and I will remain in the States while we file a spousal visa for my return. My problem is that I have a felony conviction from 30 years ago for unarmed robbery which has since become a closed case. I'm pretty sure that I don't even have to declare this on my application, but not 100% sure. Please advise.

Also, I have unpaid traffic violation fines that are currently active. Should I declare these or not since their just civil code infractions? Will I be denied a visa if I DO declare them? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
You need http://talk.uk-yankee.com/
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Ditto what fatbrit says.

This forum is for those who are wanting to immigrate to the USA.

Rene
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaygee61
Might want to get those taken care of, in case there's a warrant out for you and you get pulled at the airport...weirder things have happened.

Anyway, congrats on the impending wedding and welcome to BE, more than welcome to stay here, but as FB posted, that forum will be much better for your needs on getting to the UK.