Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New Experiences?

New Experiences?

Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:46 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Experiences?

Originally Posted by Bob
Hmmm....the Magnum, whoever makes that, that looks pretty stupid, like a pimped up hearse
Oh no, I still vote for the Pontiac Aztek.

As for dog, cats and grass.... one of the pleasures of NM is that there is no grass to mow. Home Depot still sells mowers though - bit of a puzzle, that. It's also illegal to wash your own car in Santa Fe so that nicely takes care of that one. Cats are generally indoors around here - Santa Fe tried to pass a 'cat leash' law - didn't get too far though. But the dogs - dogs are everywhere. They don't tend to crap on your patch of dirt though, because many New Mexicans would go running for the 38 faster than the dog could finish. No guns of my own, but I have had the pleasure of shooting a few.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:47 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monk
Don't say that my husband want's to trade in our Jeep for one of those, now all i will be able to think about is "i see dead people" :scared:
Sorry, the Magnum is most certainly stoopid-lookin'. And Hummers generally are occupied by tossers.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

monk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Sorry, the Magnum is most certainly stoopid-lookin'. And Hummers generally are occupied by tossers.
Have to strongly agree with the hummer thing, might as well have a big sticker on the side saying i am an arrogant, abnoxious prick, look at what i can waste my money on, so what if my penis is small. But am warming to the Magnum sorry to say
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:08 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
*LOL* ... rich tossers though! Just think if a dust-cart like mine had a light dust-up with a hummer. Dust-cart owner: Well, looks like I have a dent in my car ; Hummer owner: looks like I have a $7k repair and paint job! Come to think of it, I look forward to being bumped by a lady driven hummer - might get a date, "my date is a humming bird!"

Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

New things I have done:

1. Buy a car and not give a shit about MPG, hence the 4L V6 Turbo.
2. Shovel snow off my driveway 4 times in one day.
3. Have a threesome.
4. Have lunch with a Mexican, Filipino, Afro-American and have no one stare at us.
5. See my neighbors knock down their house and build a new one on the same plot, and still be quids in.
6. Go to bars and never see a fight.
7. Finally made my parents admit to the fact that they can see why I moved here.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monk
Don't say that my husband want's to trade in our Jeep for one of those, now all i will be able to think about is "i see dead people" :scared: .Oh i hate the Honda Element, remind's me of the equally hidious Fiat multipla from back home.
Opps....
But yeah, the fiat, that'sa pretty ugly motor too
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hugh Jaas will become famous soon enoughHugh Jaas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rogerpenycate
My all time favourite band is Manassas (Stephen Stills and a few others) on one of his 'breaks' from CSN.
They only made two albums.
I saw them in London in the late 70s.
The front cover of their album produced in 1974 was a picture of the band taken on Manassas railway station in Virginia (until I came over here I had no idea what or where Manassas was)
I happened to be in Manassas a couple of weeks ago with a bit of time to kill and went to the railway station which was exactly as it was in 1974 and probably 100 years ago.
It was strange seeing it.
That's it
Does that make me a sad bastard ?
sad? Nah not in my book. I have that Album and I know the Cover you mention. I mean I look forward to the day I can drive down to the bit of the Grand Canyon ( I think it's Monument Valley)on the Cover of the Best of the EAGLES, with the Eagles playing in the car, Cheesy but ace.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

new experiences
1.Watched hummingbirds in the garden
2.Picking up dead lizards in the garden rather than dead mice, shrews etc, my cats seem to prefer them though
3.Pocket doors, marvelous, lived in the house for 3 months before I discovered it.
4.Bought a horse, not quite sure how that happened but there you go.
5.Moaning about it being too hot all the time rather than bloody freezing.
6.Driven a car with a boot big enough to fit my old car in
7.Having a staggering choice of non seedy sex shops/lap dancing bars just down the road
8.Mickey Mouse, don't you just love him?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:39 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
new experiences
1.Watched hummingbirds in the garden
2.Picking up dead lizards in the garden rather than dead mice, shrews etc, my cats seem to prefer them though
3.Pocket doors, marvelous, lived in the house for 3 months before I discovered it.
4.Bought a horse, not quite sure how that happened but there you go.
5.Moaning about it being too hot all the time rather than bloody freezing.
6.Driven a car with a boot big enough to fit my old car in
7.Having a staggering choice of non seedy sex shops/lap dancing bars just down the road
8.Mickey Mouse, don't you just love him?
Hi Woodsey,
The rain is over so you can go ski now. Tell me more about the horse? Where you keep it, How much etc? (If it's not too private.)
If you are a horsey type person, have you been to the horse races? Santa Anita is very pretty and a good day out. There is also LA equestrian center, they have show-jumping and rodeos, I can send you the site if needed?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomelina
Hi Woodsey,
The rain is over so you can go ski now. Tell me more about the horse? Where you keep it, How much etc? (If it's not too private.)
If you are a horsey type person, have you been to the horse races? Santa Anita is very pretty and a good day out. There is also LA equestrian center, they have show-jumping and rodeos, I can send you the site if needed?
my daughters always been into riding but we could never afford one at home, she had been going to a stable in La Verne, Marshall Canyon,to help out and a horse there became available, we asked about stabling fees etc and its so cheap. Its costs $215 a month which includes all food, mucking out and the stable itself. All she has to do is ride it. As far as I know this fee is pretty standard everywhere. You also get up there unlimited access to all the trails up into the mountains which are absolutely beautiful so as well as learning to ski she's going to teach me to ride again. I used to ride as a kid but thats a long long time ago
We havn't been to the races there yet but it's definately on our to-do list.
Thanks for the offer on the site but Dee has already found every horse site in the USA there is!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

What's that?
And no spearmint?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

speaking of horses, never been into them either, but a mate over here, his sister has a horse farm, has about 50 horses and 100 acres of trails, so must get time to try it out in the summer, dont' fancy it in the winter, and it's all free, so nothing to lose
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
What's that?
And no spearmint?
1)its a door that slides into the wall, which is why I didn't find it for ages!
2)yes we have spearmint
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:18 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

my daughters always been into riding but we could never afford one at home, she had been going to a stable in La Verne, Marshall Canyon,to help out and a horse there became available, we asked about stabling fees etc and its so cheap. Its costs $215 a month which includes all food, mucking out and the stable itself. All she has to do is ride it. As far as I know this fee is pretty standard everywhere. You also get up there unlimited access to all the trails up into the mountains which are absolutely beautiful so as well as learning to ski she's going to teach me to ride again. I used to ride as a kid but thats a long long time ago
We havn't been to the races there yet but it's definately on our to-do list.
Thanks for the offer on the site but Dee has already found every horse site in the USA there is!
I guess Dee is your daughter? Good for you in getting the horse. I haven't been on a horse since I was a kid.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tomelina
I guess Dee is your daughter? Good for you in getting the horse. I haven't been on a horse since I was a kid.
Yes Dee is my daughter, still interested in a horse then check out this months Horse Trader, I kid you not there is a trained zebra for sale, not sure if it's one from that dumb film thats just been released but I wouldn't want to go out on a trail with that, might attract two many mountain lions,would look cool in the stable though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.