British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   New deal from BA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/new-deal-ba-343113/)

snowbunny Dec 17th 2005 5:35 pm

Re: New deal from BA

Originally Posted by rushman
Bring me back a Gehekashaf (or however the cloggies spell it, Toonje'll know what I mean)

You like sausages like THAT? I mean we are talking Amsterdam, so I'll probably be able to find it. Any particular nationality you want? :D

Chandler Dec 18th 2005 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Hope this is useful to someone....

www.ba.com/holidaydeal

Very useful for me :D

I've purchased two return tickets from JFK to MAN in World Traveler Plus for $1,100. The same flights on BA.com accessed with their home page, as opposed to the link, comes to $4,150 :scared:

Admittedly that last figure is way too high as I usually pay about $1,600 - $1,750 for such flights, but even at that price this represents a $500 saving. Karma, and as much as I can give, coming a certain someones way.

Out of interest, anyone know why this offer exists via the above link only and isn't open to everyone via the 'normal' BA website?

britchicknyc Dec 18th 2005 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Chandler
Very useful for me :D

I've purchased two return tickets from JFK to MAN in World Traveler Plus for $1,100. The same flights on BA.com accessed with their home page, as opposed to the link, comes to $4,150 :scared:

Admittedly that last figure is way too high as I usually pay about $1,600 - $1,750 for such flights, but even at that price this represents a $500 saving. Karma, and as much as I can give, coming a certain someones way.

Out of interest, anyone know why this offer exists via the above link only and isn't open to everyone via the 'normal' BA website?

Very happy it could be of use to you!

It is a "friends and family" style offer, I guess they think it is too good to share with everyone. Although on the website it does encourage you to spread the word, so I don't really understand!

Do something fun with the $500!!

Big D Dec 18th 2005 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Very happy it could be of use to you!

It is a "friends and family" style offer, I guess they think it is too good to share with everyone. Although on the website it does encourage you to spread the word, so I don't really understand!

Do something fun with the $500!!

They mailed it to me as an exec club member but not sure if its availble through the usual web site?

Rushman Dec 18th 2005 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
You like sausages like THAT? I mean we are talking Amsterdam, so I'll probably be able to find it. Any particular nationality you want? :D

I like the ones you get at the service stations on the highway. Eaten loads of those while waiting to load/unload up at Schipol, Nijmegen or Den' Bosch