British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   New deal from BA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/new-deal-ba-343113/)

britchicknyc Dec 16th 2005 3:18 pm

New deal from BA

Hope this is useful to someone....

www.ba.com/holidaydeal

Chorlton Dec 16th 2005 3:25 pm

Re: New deal from BA

Originally Posted by britchicknyc

www.ba.com/holidaydeal

Is that link right?

jamjar Dec 16th 2005 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Is that link right?

Yeah I tried it. Just takes a while to load.

basementwaj Dec 16th 2005 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by jamjar
Yeah I tried it. Just takes a while to load.

Thats cheap!, but when you try to book there will be no availability at that price... 1800flyeurope.com usually do good fares :beer:

Ray Dec 16th 2005 9:10 pm

Its really good....one outgoing flight only from Tampa
Christmas Day....

Eskimo Dec 16th 2005 9:35 pm

Premium Economy ticket is only $150 more than cattle class ..

snowbunny Dec 16th 2005 9:41 pm

oooh. Will have to check the premium out. Meanwhile to go to Amsterdam is only $100 more than to stop in London & transfer OR to fly straight to Amsterdam.

Lovely flash stuff.

FlyergirlUK Dec 16th 2005 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by basementwaj
Thats cheap!, but when you try to book there will be no availability at that price...

I had no problems. Makes a change to find a deal flying with BA from my neck of the woods.

Roll on February! :D

looselips Dec 16th 2005 10:55 pm

Is it just me or have the taxes shot through the roof recently?

FlyergirlUK Dec 16th 2005 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by looselips
Is it just me or have the taxes shot through the roof recently?

You're not kidding! My youngest will be under 2 at the time of travelling. The cost of his ticket is $19, the surcharges, taxes, etc. cost $157 or thereabouts!!! :eek:

Englishmum Dec 16th 2005 11:19 pm

www.ba.com/holidaydeal

Virgin Atlantic are also offering special deals:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...cialoffers.jsp

Don't forget that with the exception of Christmas, it's the quietest time of the year for airlines in the Northern hemisphere.....flights are always much, much cheaper from Nov-March (go up after Easter) as there are so few leisure travellers due to the cold weather and shorter hours of daylight.

Lizzi Dec 17th 2005 1:24 am

I love the whole BA flight-pricing experience, it's along the lines of think of a number, double it, add the number you first thought of, do three twirls clap your hands etc etc :cool:

Rushman Dec 17th 2005 1:44 am

Originally Posted by snowbunny
oooh. Will have to check the premium out. Meanwhile to go to Amsterdam is only $100 more than to stop in London & transfer OR to fly straight to Amsterdam.

Lovely flash stuff.

Bring me back a Gehekashaf (or however the cloggies spell it, Toonje'll know what I mean)

ScousePete Dec 17th 2005 2:07 am

Originally Posted by Ray
Its really good....one outgoing flight only from Tampa
Christmas Day....

Try from Miami. I found a bunch of flights available for $144

Rushman Dec 17th 2005 2:10 am

plus tax and return works out about what i normally pay

snowbunny Dec 17th 2005 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by rushman
Bring me back a Gehekashaf (or however the cloggies spell it, Toonje'll know what I mean)

You like sausages like THAT? I mean we are talking Amsterdam, so I'll probably be able to find it. Any particular nationality you want? :D

Chandler Dec 18th 2005 2:03 pm

www.ba.com/holidaydeal

Very useful for me :D

I've purchased two return tickets from JFK to MAN in World Traveler Plus for $1,100. The same flights on BA.com accessed with their home page, as opposed to the link, comes to $4,150 :scared:

Admittedly that last figure is way too high as I usually pay about $1,600 - $1,750 for such flights, but even at that price this represents a $500 saving. Karma, and as much as I can give, coming a certain someones way.

Out of interest, anyone know why this offer exists via the above link only and isn't open to everyone via the 'normal' BA website?

britchicknyc Dec 18th 2005 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Chandler
Very useful for me :D

I've purchased two return tickets from JFK to MAN in World Traveler Plus for $1,100. The same flights on BA.com accessed with their home page, as opposed to the link, comes to $4,150 :scared:

Admittedly that last figure is way too high as I usually pay about $1,600 - $1,750 for such flights, but even at that price this represents a $500 saving. Karma, and as much as I can give, coming a certain someones way.

Out of interest, anyone know why this offer exists via the above link only and isn't open to everyone via the 'normal' BA website?

Very happy it could be of use to you!

It is a "friends and family" style offer, I guess they think it is too good to share with everyone. Although on the website it does encourage you to spread the word, so I don't really understand!

Do something fun with the $500!!

Big D Dec 18th 2005 7:00 pm

Very happy it could be of use to you!

It is a "friends and family" style offer, I guess they think it is too good to share with everyone. Although on the website it does encourage you to spread the word, so I don't really understand!

Do something fun with the $500!!

They mailed it to me as an exec club member but not sure if its availble through the usual web site?

Rushman Dec 18th 2005 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
You like sausages like THAT? I mean we are talking Amsterdam, so I'll probably be able to find it. Any particular nationality you want? :D

I like the ones you get at the service stations on the highway. Eaten loads of those while waiting to load/unload up at Schipol, Nijmegen or Den' Bosch