Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New bank cards from UK bank to US address

New bank cards from UK bank to US address

Old Sep 1st 2007, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default New bank cards from UK bank to US address

I need a new debit card from my UK barclays account and was told a few weeks ago (in England) that I could order it online. I have spent a year scouring their website and cant find anywhere to order a new card.

Anyone with a Barclays account got a replacement through online banking?

Please dont bother replying if you got your card sent to you by Nat West or Lloyds or whoever because i dont have an account with them and really couldnt give a toss....I only want to know about Barclays.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 10:21 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New bank cards from UK bank to US address

Originally Posted by Rushman
I need a new debit card from my UK barclays account and was told a few weeks ago (in England) that I could order it online. I have spent a year scouring their website and cant find anywhere to order a new card.

Please dont bother replying if you got your card sent to you by Nat West or Lloyds or whoever because i dont have an account with them and really couldnt give a toss....I only want to know about Barclays.
Wait a mo'. Have you got a Barclays debit card now? If that's expiring and that's the reason for you wanting a new one, then the replacement should be sent to you (even in the US) automatically.

I'm afraid I can't help you about online stuff. I've never used Barclays online. Have you searched for a non-freephone Customer Services number you can call from the US?

What about an email address for Barclays Customer Services? That might be found on the website.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

when I told barclays I was in the US they closed my account... as did my pension fund... fuggers.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you use a friend's address...they could forward the cards onto you?

BTW I have an account with Nat West.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I am with Barclays and although still in the UK mine was sent automatically. If you need any help more than happy to offer my services and promise not to spend your money
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:10 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USBound
when I told barclays I was in the US they closed my account... as did my pension fund... fuggers.
Really?
I gave them my US address and I get my post here..
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:19 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Really?
I gave them my US address and I get my post here..

Ditto, since 1983, including my Barclaycard Visa.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:20 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

When you log in under the heading More Stuff on the left one of the options is Barclaycard and when you click that you are given the option of asking a question.. I hope this helps..
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:29 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

When you log in under the heading More Stuff on the left one of the options is Barclaycard and when you click that you are given the option of asking a question.. I hope this helps..
You should stop using the bank you opened as a grunt
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Been there done that.....just got off the phone after 30 minutes (and about $6.50) with some soppy tart from a sub continent call centre that pissed and sodded about taking my details only to tell me after half an hour that the department I need is closed right now ..call back tomorrow. It wasnt closed at the start of the ******* call. :curse:
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Been there done that.....just got off the phone after 30 minutes (and about $6.50) with some soppy tart from a sub continent call centre that pissed and sodded about taking my details only to tell me after half an hour that the department I need is closed right now ..call back tomorrow. It wasnt closed at the start of the ******* call. :curse:
You should have dialled 10-10-9-8-7 before the number...would have cost a lot less.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You should have dialled 10-10-9-8-7 before the number...would have cost a lot less.
I used a cheap (??) rate international calling card.

Silly cow told me to "pop into my nearest Barclays and ask the counter staff to order it"...this was AFTER I'd already given her my US address.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I used a cheap (??) rate international calling card.

Silly cow told me to "pop into my nearest Barclays and ask the counter staff to order it"...this was AFTER I'd already given her my US address.
Can't remember the exact cost...it's something like 40 cents connection change and 5 cents per minutes.

Did you tell her you can't 'cos it's a Bank Holiday here?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:50 pm

I've called them a couple of times from Skype..
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

email customer services and get them to call you back...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.