Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New American National Anthem

New American National Anthem

Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:20 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default New American National Anthem

This would get my vote as the new anthem:

Amerika

I was viewing another forum and most Americans didn't know if they were supposed to laugh or be offended.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New American National Anthem

Fantastic
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:31 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Fantastic
I've been a fan of Rammstein for years and this song blew me away. Their videos are always good and this is as good as "Sonne" to me.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:39 am
You Are All Diseased

Translation:

We're all living in America
America is wonderful
we're all living in America
America
America

America is wonderful
America
America

When we dance I want to lead
when you turn yourself around alone
let us control you a bit
I'll show you how to walk right

We create a lovely round dance
the freedom plays from all violins
music comes from the White House
and in front of Paris stands Mickey Mouse

America is wonderful
America
America

I know the very useful steps
and I will protect you from missteps
and who does not want to dance at the end
does not know that he must dance

We create a lovely round dance
I will show you the direction
to Africa comes Santa Claus
and in front of Paris stands Mickey Mouse

America is wonderful
America
America

Coca Cola, Wonderbra
America
America

This is not a love song
this is not a love song
I don't sing my mother tongue
no, this is not a love song

America is wonderful
America
America

Coca Cola, sometimes war
America
America
Old Mar 4th 2005, 10:56 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind

Amerika

I was viewing another forum and most Americans didn't know if they were supposed to laugh or be offended.
You mean the communist-skinhead spelling of Amerika wasn't a tipoff, or the lyrics:

"I don't sing my mother tongue
no, this is not a love song"

I don't weep cos Americans are clueless; I weep cos I get lumped in with them and have to live with them. :scared:
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:04 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Their videos are always good and this is as good as "Sonne" to me.
Is that the snow white one ? fantastic ...
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:08 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Just a useless piece of information:
The music of the present American anthem "Star spangled banner" is actually a British piece of music. It was/is called "Ode to Anacreon" and was a drinking song for an exclusive gentlemans drinking club in London well before Francis Scott Key hijacked the music and added the current lyrics.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:10 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

No wonder you have to be pissed to have the courage to sing that operatic tune!

Ah well we Americans stole everything including the land we're living in. Would not surprise me in the least. And you should see the look on Americans' faces when "God Save The Queen" is heard -- they start thinking it's America's "My Country 'Tis Of Thee".
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:13 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Amerika

erm...er...i don't get it? it's in German yeah? i saw your translation...lyrics aren't very erm..deep lol...guess i've been here too long that one flew over my head
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:18 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny

Ah well we Americans stole everything including the land we're living in. Would not surprise me in the least. And you should see the look on Americans' faces when "God Save The Queen" is heard -- they start thinking it's America's "My Country 'Tis Of Thee".
er that's probably because the tune is familiar i get them muddled myself and know the lyrics to niether and purlese stole the country? like Britain/England wasn't stolen/ invaded time and time again, the country is bastardised from the begining!

Apart from me I'm a true Celt!
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:23 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Talking Re: New American National Anthem

I would rather listen to "My country 'tis of thee" than "God save the Queen". I have always hated our national anthem for the sheer fact that it is NOT a "national" anthem in my view. A national anthem should be about a "nation" hence the name, not about a German/Greek family having the longest jolly up in history. Don't know if you've ever heard the hymn "Jerusalem" but that is probably my candidate for a new anthem, though I doubt it would get the job because of the title. This is of course, just my own preference. Loads of British sheep...oops I mean subjects, like "God help the Queen".
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:37 am
Lapine Member

I love "Jerusalem" -- cracking boys' choir version in _Chariots Of Fire_. Dodi Fayed's other claim to fame.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:44 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
er that's probably because the tune is familiar i get them muddled myself and know the lyrics to niether and purlese stole the country? like Britain/England wasn't stolen/ invaded time and time again, the country is bastardised from the begining!

Apart from me I'm a true Celt!
True, but America wasn't bastardised from the beginning. Of my 16 g-g-grandparents, one was Native American. One emigrated from Scotland; one from England, and the rest from England and Scotland but in many years gone by.

Here's me at eleven:

http://www.maple.org/amy11.jpg

Needless to say my Celtic appearance stuck out like a sore thumb in South Texas.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:44 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rushman
I have always hated our national anthem for the sheer fact that it is NOT a "national" anthem in my view. A national anthem should be about a "nation" hence the name, not about a German/Greek family having the longest jolly up in history. .
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:57 pm
Back Again

True, but America wasn't bastardised from the beginning. Of my 16 g-g-grandparents, one was Native American. One emigrated from Scotland; one from England, and the rest from England and Scotland but in many years gone by.

Here's me at eleven:

http://www.maple.org/amy11.jpg

Needless to say my Celtic appearance stuck out like a sore thumb in South Texas.
aww absolutely adorable picci and oi what about that Welsh g- g- grandparent??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.