Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Never loose your green card!

Never loose your green card!

Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:50 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Never loose your green card!

Originally Posted by Dant3
I am in exactly the same position, and though I have learnt my lesson and will NEVER carry my residency card and SS card around in my wallet, the lesson doesn't do me much good right now as my employer is breathing down my neck to proove that I am still eligable to work. I got a new (unrestricted) SS card on the basis of the temporary I-551 stamp in my passport. Thaough that satisfies the 'proof of eligibility to work' section of the I-9, my British passport is no longer considered proof of ID, so I now have to apply for a state ID card! And though I applied for a replacement I-551 card six weeks ago, I haven't even recieved a receipt of application yet!

The shit never ends.

I was told that you HAVE too carry your GC at all times.....I don't...none of us do..I asked my local cop shop if they would ever ask for it and was told no...and to leave it at home.....