Netflix

Old Oct 21st 2004, 1:24 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Netflix

So, finally made the leap into the world of NETFLIX on Sunday night. Talk about speedy delivery. Came home from work on Tuesday to find my first 3 discs awaiting.

I'm impressed so far. $20 a month, 3 DVD's at one time. You return them, they pay for 2way shipping, and then they send you the next 3 in your Queue.

They have a pretty good selection of BBC stuff too.....RED Dward, Office, Fawlty Towers, Only fools and Horses, you know the type.

I recommend

Old Oct 21st 2004, 1:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netflix

bit of time on your hands then? *l*
Old Oct 21st 2004, 1:39 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
bit of time on your hands then? *l*

Not really. American TV is shit, so when i come home from work, and want to sit down, relax and watch something.....good old netflix will come up trumps. I bet there is a lot of people who spend more a month at Blockbuster.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justboy
Not really. American TV is shit, so when i come home from work, and want to sit down, relax and watch something.....good old netflix will come up trumps. I bet there is a lot of people who spend more a month at Blockbuster.

I've been using them for about 6months now... best thing I ever did... I prolly watch maybe 15 a month and for $20 you really CANNOT go wrong.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 2:16 am
Just Joined

Roightmush is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Blockbuster are offering a similar deal at the moment.
Not exactly sure of the details. Check your local store.
They're also doing a 99cent if back by midday the next day on new releases.
I guess thats to try and keep up with the DVD rental machines in MacDonalds.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 2:49 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roightmush
I think Blockbuster are offering a similar deal at the moment.
Not exactly sure of the details. Check your local store.
They're also doing a 99cent if back by midday the next day on new releases.
I guess thats to try and keep up with the DVD rental machines in MacDonalds.
I'm a member of Blockbusters Online. It's the same deal and you get two vouchers a month for free instore rentals.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 4:11 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just bought series 4-5 of Only Fools & Horses, so my telly viewing is sorted out for the near future. Does telly get any better than Delboy on a hang-glider?
I do recommend Netflix to people I know who want to see British shows, but don't want to fork out the money to buy them unless they're sure that they'd like them.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 4:18 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be too lazy to bother send them back myself *l*
Old Oct 21st 2004, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justboy
So, finally made the leap into the world of NETFLIX on Sunday night. Talk about speedy delivery. Came home from work on Tuesday to find my first 3 discs awaiting.

I'm impressed so far. $20 a month, 3 DVD's at one time. You return them, they pay for 2way shipping, and then they send you the next 3 in your Queue.

They have a pretty good selection of BBC stuff too.....RED Dward, Office, Fawlty Towers, Only fools and Horses, you know the type.

I recommend

I've been with NetFlix for about two months now. They were really good at sending everything in a timely fashion when I first started, I noticed the return address is not too far from where I live. However I was warned that if you start to rent a lot then they will take longer to send the DVDs.

It's started happening now, I used to get a DVD a day after they dispatched it but now it takes three days.

I was going to cancel my subscription and renew it next month but they'll probably notice it.

-tom
Old Oct 21st 2004, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

markwplatt is an unknown quantity at this point

We are getting through about 10 a month still a bargain, they take about 4-5 days for the round trip which is fair I suppose.
Lots of material otherwise unavailable in the local video emporium.
Thats without taking the gas to get to the vdeo store and the late returns into account

Mark
Old Oct 21st 2004, 2:15 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

So many reasons why Netfilx is brill:

Great selection, including UK/Foreign/Independent

No due dates/overdue charges

Walk to the mailbox instead of drive to video store

Pick up from the mailbox instead of stand in line at vidoe store

Have a record of my "queue", instead of standing in the middle of video store thinking "what the flippin heck was the name of that movie I was going to rent?"

If a DVD turns out to be crap, you have one or two back-ups, instead of saying "Well it's the only one I've got and I paid video store 5 bucks, so I may as well watch it"

Cheaper than the video store rates

(Almost) always get the DVD you want (instead of getting to video store and seeing your first 4 choices are all rented out).

I've been using Netflix for over a year. Love it.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markwplatt
We are getting through about 10 a month still a bargain, they take about 4-5 days for the round trip which is fair I suppose.
Lots of material otherwise unavailable in the local video emporium.
Thats without taking the gas to get to the vdeo store and the late returns into account

Mark

hmm... turnaround for me is 2 days... only ever seen it take longer over a weekend, guess it does pay to live in LA then huh
Old Oct 21st 2004, 4:59 pm
Paul

smeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud of

I love Netflix ... I was with them for about 8 months, then cancelled and started up again recently ... never had a problem with delivery like anotherlimey mentions above, and I pretty much return a DVD every other day or so

Nothing better than getting home to find the next DVD in a box set has arrived (currently working through CSI), and enjoying a beer with it!

Also, with an online record of what is happening, I can keep a my queue viewable to anyone interested on my personal blog

http://www.blogroll.org/index.php/weblog/netflix/
Old Oct 21st 2004, 5:27 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I quit with Netflix after their price hike. I use Blockbuster online. Cheaper and quicker and I also get two coupons a month to go to my local store and grab a couple of extra movies free on top of what I get per month delivered.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 5:32 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
I quit with Netflix after their price hike. I use Blockbuster online. Cheaper and quicker and I also get two coupons a month to go to my local store and grab a couple of extra movies free on top of what I get per month delivered.
You're not alone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.