Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Needy Generation...

Needy Generation...

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Needy Generation...

Originally Posted by Tami2
Again, I agree it shouldn't just be handed to them without any meaning. But, if she graduates from college (she's in the honor's college), and she's managed to learn to drive by then, we've discussed giving her a new little suv for graduation. Thank goodness that's two years down the road! We really value and stress education with our kids and they know they have to keep their grades very high. To me, that's their job right now, and if they do it well, then they deserve some reward. We have such a difference in ages, it's really varied. They each get an allowance each month and either a bonus or something special they've been wanting every quarter if their report cards are good. It's just kind of an incentive program.
Can you adopt me?
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:43 pm
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Bob
Can you adopt me?

If you are under the age of 15, then sure

Manuals are the pain the in arse in Houston traffic, the sooner we get rid of it the better

Your prospective adoptive Mama

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:43 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bob
Can you adopt me?
Sure, Bob. Are you in Kindergarten, junior high or high school?
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:44 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

PD, why don't you have an avatar, do you want one?
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
If you have been here for 20 years, do you think it is at all feasable to re-enter into the UK life style, and I am not being snotty

I find even being here for 7 years, things irritate me when I go back home like having to deal with traffic wardens twice a day when I pick and drop off the kids at school, no drive through cleaners etc

All that jokingly aside, apart from those dreaded traffic wardens, life here is much easier, but I do appreciate that fact the we miss home, but last year I went home 3 time in 9 months, my sister is sick, and apart from that, the weather depressed me, and lets face it, the people in Aberdeen dont usually smile as ask "Are you having a good day"

I got the "I want to move back" a couple of years ago, but 2 weeks there sorted me out, also I dont have large family in the UK and neither does my husband, so that has a large part to play in things

But saying that, I dont want to be in Houston for the rest of my life either, quite fancy New England, funnily enough, love the leaves and things, maybe get there this year, who knows..

going home next week for a couple weeks.....I miss the people I really do.....I guess I am scared of growing old here with no family and very few friends compared to the UK.....lifestyle does not really float my boat.....I guess the grass looks greener in the UK right now
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:45 pm
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by psb182
male with my own wife "not in Dubai".......have a construction company......DIY= do it yourself

OK, so psb182

Why are you reallly wanting to go home

It will be really tough for your kids

The construction business is thriving, well in Houston it is, and I hope it is with you..

Hope all is going well with you

PS How old are you,

you tell me and I will tell you LOL

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:46 pm
Yes, Master...

Long story

Quick version

Visited sister in Dubai, bought loads of Arabic perfume for me

Got stopped in Houston, numerous occasion asking what I was wearing

Sister left Dubai

Me still wanted to go there

Me though AHA perfume business

Travel there once a year - although now staying in hotels - very nice ones BTW - LOL - thanks to my darling husband

Go for 2 weeks - 2 days dealing with perfume stuff, the rest shopping and sun-bathing

That's it really

Strange but true

Now known in Houston, as the Perfume Lady, or the Scottish bitch flogging the Arabic crap - Although I have to say, I only stock the best - no cutting involved
Good for you! You have a business AND get to spend a couple of weeks a year in Dubai. Smart lady.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:46 pm
Perfumdiva1

PD, why don't you have an avatar, do you want one?

I would love one, but am ashamed to say, I dont know how to get one

How sad am I ????

Boo Hoo

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:47 pm
Perfumdiva1

Good for you! You have a business AND get to spend a couple of weeks a year in Dubai. Smart lady.

One tries

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

... quite fancy New England, funnily enough, love the leaves and things, maybe get there this year, who knows..
cleaning tonnes of leaves and tourists will soon put you off
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:49 pm
Yes, Master...

Originally Posted by psb182
going home next week for a couple weeks.....I miss the people I really do.....I guess I am scared of growing old here with no family and very few friends compared to the UK.....lifestyle does not really float my boat.....I guess the grass looks greener in the UK right now
I know what you mean...I don't want to be here and I was BORN here. It's just such a different lifestyle in the middle east...more laid back...more friends...more free time....definately more money....more boomboom, since Hubby is there
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

If you are under the age of 15, then sure
oh well...a few years out of date then but worth a try *lol*
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so psb182

Why are you reallly wanting to go home

It will be really tough for your kids

The construction business is thriving, well in Houston it is, and I hope it is with you..

Hope all is going well with you

PS How old are you,

you tell me and I will tell you LOL

3 yrs older than you...........construction is very good here but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's a TRAIN
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:51 pm
Yes, Master...

I would love one, but am ashamed to say, I dont know how to get one

How sad am I ????

Boo Hoo
How's this, or do you want something sexy like Celtic_Angel?
Attached Images  
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:51 pm
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Bob
cleaning tonnes of leaves and tourists will soon put you off

Oh Yeah

SOunds a bit like Cornwall LOL

Dont want to be bothered with people

Will definately visit there one day, and bring you your new car , my new adopted son

Boy, just how lucky are you

Your Mama

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.