Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Need motivation! (aka KITA)

Need motivation! (aka KITA)

Old Sep 27th 2005, 7:56 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Need motivation! (aka KITA)

As some of you may recall, I finally got my EAD a few months ago and was planning to start up a consultancy business similar to the one I had back in the UK. Having spent most of the summer back home, I finally got to the point where I couldn't put off actually doing something any longer.

So I got in touch with some old clients. And find myself inundated! :scared:

So now, having been idle for the best part of 3 years, I've got to get my @$$ back into gear. I guess I'll be okay once I'm back in the thick of it, but right now I'm having a hard time getting myself motivated.

So what do you guys do when you should really be working but the temptation of BE - and other things - is too much?

Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need motivation! (aka KITA)

Usually feel guilty about what I should be doing, rather than sitting here. Usually does the trick for me. Now, if you mean sitting at the computer doing something else (important) and fighting the urge to not switch over to BE, can't help you there....

Congratulations on getting back into the swing of things.....I'm still trying.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:06 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
As some of you may recall, I finally got my EAD a few months ago and was planning to start up a consultancy business similar to the one I had back in the UK. Having spent most of the summer back home, I finally got to the point where I couldn't put off actually doing something any longer.

So I got in touch with some old clients. And find myself inundated! :scared:

So now, having been idle for the best part of 3 years, I've got to get my @$$ back into gear. I guess I'll be okay once I'm back in the thick of it, but right now I'm having a hard time getting myself motivated.

So what do you guys do when you should really be working but the temptation of BE - and other things - is too much?

which pays more?
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:07 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Usually feel guilty about what I should be doing, rather than sitting here. Usually does the trick for me. Now, if you mean sitting at the computer doing something else (important) and fighting the urge to not switch over to BE, can't help you there....

Congratulations on getting back into the swing of things.....I'm still trying.

Oh the constant temptation of BE!!! It's always there, just check in quickly while I'm waiting for a mega-large zipped file to download, whilst I mull over a reply to an e-mail, when I just need to clear my mind before I focus on my next task...

Good luck with your plans - what are they BTW?
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:08 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by cindyabs
which pays more?

Problem is I don't get paid by the hour...
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh the constant temptation of BE!!! It's always there, just check in quickly while I'm waiting for a mega-large zipped file to download, whilst I mull over a reply to an e-mail, when I just need to clear my mind before I focus on my next task...

Good luck with your plans - what are they BTW?
Anything that makes me gainfully employed....within reason, of course!
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:13 pm
Homebody

Anything that makes me gainfully employed....within reason, of course!

So what are your special talents??!
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So what are your special talents??!
I can bend backwards while I vacuum and feed the baby at the same time.....just the usual motherly tricks.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 9:16 pm
Homebody

I can bend backwards while I vacuum and feed the baby at the same time.....just the usual motherly tricks.
I googled 'motherly talents' and came up with "Mrs. H. W. Beecher's Motherly Talks with Young Housekeepers"

http://www.shootingstarhistory.com/r...rsbeecher.html

"Mrs. Beechers notion of the woman's sphere, is, that , whatever exceptional woman may be able to accomplish, by reason of peculiar circumstances and talents, and freedom from domestic responsibilities, the place of labor and achievement for most women, and for all married women and mothers is Home."

Thought I'd share this little gem with you, particularly since one of the chapters is entitled "Teach Little Boys to Be Useful"... - might be worth investigating!
Old Sep 27th 2005, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I googled 'motherly talents' and came up with "Mrs. H. W. Beecher's Motherly Talks with Young Housekeepers"

http://www.shootingstarhistory.com/r...rsbeecher.html

"Mrs. Beechers notion of the woman's sphere, is, that , whatever exceptional woman may be able to accomplish, by reason of peculiar circumstances and talents, and freedom from domestic responsibilities, the place of labor and achievement for most women, and for all married women and mothers is Home."

Thought I'd share this little gem with you, particularly since one of the chapters is entitled "Teach Little Boys to Be Useful"... - might be worth investigating!
LOL Well it doesn't always look good on a resume, but I have a wealth of experience to do about any job I'd want to.....