Reload this Page >

Need help with UK passport application

Wikiposts

Need help with UK passport application

Old Feb 16th 2010, 3:12 am
Just Joined

GreyDawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help with UK passport application

Sorry to be reviving an old thread, but the topic is correct.

I am currently preparing my application for a UK Passport, based on citizenship by descent.

I've got questions about a couple of items on Form C1 -- and I don't want to complete the form incorrectly and risk its return or rejection.

I'm sure the questions are quite basic, such as: how do I describe the UK immigration status of my mother, who is a US citizen and has lived in the US all 81 years of her life? She never immigrated to the UK -- my Dad moved to the US!

How can I get questions about the C1 form answered?
  • I've searched through these forums, and can't find any discussion of help with the passport forms.
  • I've scoured the UKinUSA website, and can't find an appropriate contact there. (I certainly won't call the Consulate as an "emergency.").
  • I've looked at the UK Border Agency website -- no luck.
  • I've called the UKBA on 011 44 845 010 5200, and Simon -- very nice person -- said they cannot answer questions about filling in the form correctly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreyDawg
... how do I describe the UK immigration status of my mother, who is a US citizen and has lived in the US all 81 years of her life?
She has no UK immigration status. Say so - "none".

How can I get questions about the C1 form answered?
I answered your questions in your other thread. Feel free to stick to one thread... this thread is more than 6 months old.

Ian
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:33 am
Just Joined

thanks, but the real gist of this thread is to ask whether anyone has contact information for getting help/clarification on some points in C1?

If you can give me a phone number, email address or other for getting questions about the form answered, then thank you.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:36 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, but the real gist of this thread is to ask whether anyone has contact information for getting help/clarification on some points in C1?

If you can give me a phone number, email address or other for getting questions about the form answered, then thank you.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=11
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks Elvira, but I'm still trying to obtain an email address, a phone number for information, or a website where questions about the C1 form can be submitted.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:45 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Elvira, but I'm still trying to obtain an email address, a phone number for information, or a website where questions about the C1 form can be submitted.
why not send a PM to the Consul? He's always been very helpful AFAIK.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
why not send a PM to the Consul? He's always been very helpful AFAIK.
I think GreyDawg hasn't quite caught on to the fact that the forum member "British Consul" really *IS* the British Consul - and has always been helpful to forum members.

Ian