Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Need help DVD Copyrights on Ebay!!!

Wikiposts

Need help DVD Copyrights on Ebay!!!

Old Aug 28th 2004, 2:38 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help DVD Copyrights on Ebay!!!

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
hmm, would it be that the image was copyrighted ? perhaps it came from the companies website, and everytime someone looked at the aution, it sent a request for the picture to their servers ?
if not, i would take the letter seriously, or reply with an email enquiring as to what infringned copyright, and a digital picture of your copy of the movie, with a hand written (not signed) note next to it with the date written on it.
or you could just hand over the dvd..although i dont think signing it is a good idea.. unless you sign with a somewhat different signiture.
Why are you responding to a posting made nearly a year ago ..
I think the problem may have resolved by now...
Old Aug 28th 2004, 2:42 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Why are you responding to a posting made nearly a year ago ..
I think the problem may have resolved by now...
I was just about to say the same myself, Ray. I fell into the trap of reading the whole thread, then realising the dates were 11 months old ....
Old Aug 28th 2004, 2:50 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
I was just about to say the same myself, Ray. I fell into the trap of reading the whole thread, then realising the dates were 11 months old ....
Dummy here did the same.. I wonder whatever happened ??
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:10 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
Grrr! I just got caught out too! Anyone else?
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:19 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Grrr! I just got caught out too! Anyone else?
Yeah thanks, only reading cos the user has the same name as my sis!
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:43 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattbutt
Yeah thanks, only reading cos the user has the same name as my sis!
Good of you to admit to it though.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:54 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I went with some Aussie girlfriends to see "The Hours" and it was a pile of pants. We all hated it (it is where Nicole Kidman plays the lead part of Virginia Woolf who was very depressed and committed suicide by drowning). There were 2 other depressed women too but at different times during the 20th Century - I remember that Meryl Streep was in it and another famous actress with auburn hair. We felt like slitting our wrists watching that movie...

Back to the topic, my husband bought the DVD of the movie 'Shaun of the Dead' in London. The DVD it isn't out here yet in the US as it is still showing at some of the movie theatres. (I still went to see it on the big screen...it's a real hoot - even the audience were laughing constantly and I thought they wouldn't 'get it').

Go see it if you can - it's British humour of the best kind.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 12:35 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Well, I went with some Aussie girlfriends to see "The Hours" and it was a pile of pants. We all hated it (it is where Nicole Kidman plays the lead part of Virginia Woolf who was very depressed and committed suicide by drowning). There were 2 other depressed women too but at different times during the 20th Century - I remember that Meryl Streep was in it and another famous actress with auburn hair. We felt like slitting our wrists watching that movie...

Back to the topic, my husband bought the DVD of the movie 'Shaun of the Dead' in London. The DVD it isn't out here yet in the US as it is still showing at some of the movie theatres. (I still went to see it on the big screen...it's a real hoot - even the audience were laughing constantly and I thought they wouldn't 'get it').

Go see it if you can - it's British humour of the best kind.
You read it too didn't you?