Reload this Page >

NCLEX in the UK

Wikiposts

NCLEX in the UK

Old Nov 15th 2012, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

tsrally28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NCLEX in the UK

Hi all, I have been a dvised that I need NCLEX exam before I could even consider going to the US to work as a Nurse. I have found a company in the UK that state they do NCLEX and help with licencing for USA. They are called Nurses4America, has anyone here heard of them or used this company? Or does anyone know of any other companies in the UK. Thanks Folks
Old Nov 16th 2012, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCLEX in the UK

Before you can sit NCLEX you need to be assessed by state and see if you meet requirements, generally hours both clinical and theory in Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult will be required. Even if the company helps you with the process are they going to help you get a work or immigrant visa. Be aware with retrogression you are looking at over 6 years for a immigrants visa so finding employer willing to wait that long will be difficult and H1b requires minimum of BSN or 12 years work experience. You can do the licensing process yourself but you need to decide which state you plan on living in and looking at the Boards of Nursing website to what is required when trained outside the US. Some states are now requiring a US SSN before they accept application and that you can not get until in the US on a work/immigrant visa
Old Nov 16th 2012, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tsrally28
Hi all, I have been a dvised that I need NCLEX exam before I could even consider going to the US to work as a Nurse. I have found a company in the UK that state they do NCLEX and help with licencing for USA. They are called Nurses4America, has anyone here heard of them or used this company? Or does anyone know of any other companies in the UK. Thanks Folks
I thought it was your wife that was a nurse... the replies to your other threads still apply: it will be very difficult if not impossible for you/your wife to get a visa at this point. Be careful with agencies, sure they'll help with NCLEX but they can't work miracles with visas.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 5:27 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

You don't mention visa requirements so i assume you have that taken care of. If not be aware of these private companies and their fees i.e how much you will be paying them out of your salary and for how long once you arrive.

First step is to have your existing qualifications or credentials qualified. This can take a while as its done by the CGFNS which is a global nonprofit and works as slow as any organization I know.

Checkout their web site

http://www.cgfns.org/

Once you have completed that step then you simply need to pass the NCLEX to satisfy the state board of nursing to obtain your license.

My wife came over as a nurse; she was on my green card and living here with me when she started the whole process off.
I would highly recommend getting complete details of you education including complete syllabus of any education courses, the CGFNS will want to see exactly what you have been taught.
My wife spent alot of time trying to get together information once she came over.
Fortunately nurses were in demand (well 8 years ago they were). I attended a careers event a childrens hospital. They were pleased to see my wife, started her employment right away in a more junior position than a RN (Registered Nurse). The they paid for additional education in what she would need to pass the NCLEX, kind of a top up course. American nurses do more than UK ones, they draw blood, have more drug responsibility etc.
Then they paid for her to take the NCLEX exam itself.

At the moment the hospitals are getting competitive and have started requiring that all their RNs actually have a Bachelor’s degree. So if you have one that will be of benefit.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

tsrally28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
You don't mention visa requirements so i assume you have that taken care of. If not be aware of these private companies and their fees i.e how much you will be paying them out of your salary and for how long once you arrive.

First step is to have your existing qualifications or credentials qualified. This can take a while as its done by the CGFNS which is a global nonprofit and works as slow as any organization I know.

Checkout their web site

Once you have completed that step then you simply need to pass the NCLEX to satisfy the state board of nursing to obtain your license.

My wife came over as a nurse; she was on my green card and living here with me when she started the whole process off.
I would highly recommend getting complete details of you education including complete syllabus of any education courses, the CGFNS will want to see exactly what you have been taught.
My wife spent alot of time trying to get together information once she came over.
Fortunately nurses were in demand (well 8 years ago they were). I attended a careers event a childrens hospital. They were pleased to see my wife, started her employment right away in a more junior position than a RN (Registered Nurse). The they paid for additional education in what she would need to pass the NCLEX, kind of a top up course. American nurses do more than UK ones, they draw blood, have more drug responsibility etc.
Then they paid for her to take the NCLEX exam itself.

At the moment the hospitals are getting competitive and have started requiring that all their RNs actually have a Bachelor’s degree. So if you have one that will be of benefit.
thank uncle bob. yeah this is for my wife I am a EMT my wife has a BSc honours degree and a post grad in diabetes. the company were looking at in the UK do the nclex stuff and licensing for you but it is expensive. they say they pas ur details onto advia an agency in USA who will put u forward for jobs and also sort your green card, I am a bit on the iffy side about that though.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

thank uncle bob. yeah this is for my wife I am a EMT my wife has a BSc honours degree and a post grad in diabetes. the company were looking at in the UK do the nclex stuff and licensing for you but it is expensive. they say they pas ur details onto advia an agency in USA who will put u forward for jobs and also sort your green card, I am a bit on the iffy side about that though.
Even if they say they sort out the greencard you will still be affected by retrogression. I would suggest you ask them about it and see what they say. Definitely easy to do paperwork yourself just be aware depending on state you decide to live and work in that the state BON will require a US SSN before accepting application 2 states that this comes to immediate mind is California and Vermont
Old Nov 16th 2012, 11:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably a scam. There's nothing they can do to help you get a visa going through an agency.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

mwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of lightmwdake is a glorious beacon of light

Before you can sit NCLEX you need to be assessed by state and see if you meet requirements, generally hours both clinical and theory in Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult will be required.
Things may have changed but when my wife checked to see if she meet the Texas State Board requirements they said she was OK for Adult, OB, Psych and so on but lacked Pediatrics.

Funny thing was my wife had no Psych training and was SRN, RSCN so plenty of Pediatrics. She asked them to re-evaluate and they got it right the second time and the wife did some Psych training to satisfy the State Board people.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Middlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the rough

O'Grady Peyton are helpful in terms of NCLEX preparation, but as the others have already said, you will first need to meet the requirements for ATT, and depending when you trained, you might not meet that, unless you have all four specialities, adult, peds, mental health and obstetrics.
You can sit NCLEX in London, the center is in Holborn.

Getting a visa is a whole different ball game . . . . . ..
Old Nov 18th 2012, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Billy Shears is an unknown quantity at this point

I think OGP will only take Nurses who already have NCLEX nowadays.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:26 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

I would do as much with people in the USA as i could. I would have thought you could do everything over here and just choose your test location for NCLEX as one in the UK.

You can check the credentials of any registered American based company with the better business bureau.

http://www.bbb.org/
Old Dec 29th 2012, 6:41 am
Just Joined

nancy2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I just completed my cgfns and got the certificate. Now waiting for My ATT to be issued by texas board of nursing. Am a UK trained nurse and still practicing.

First register with CGFNS for credentials verification.......you can do this yourself. Its straightforward but it can take a while if the university does not get things right. The NMC got it right for me the first time.

Good luck with the process.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 7:48 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

did you read this bit

Please note, these jobs are for American nurses only, not nurses wishing to emigrate to the United States.