Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NC Penguin - Closing the thread on my question seems a bit harsh!

Wikiposts

NC Penguin - Closing the thread on my question seems a bit harsh!

Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:41 am
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough
Default NC Penguin - Closing the thread on my question seems a bit harsh!

You might have at least given someone the chance to respond to it. Since my question is of urgence and importance. Don't you think you are just a bit too over enthusiastic in your policing of the boards?
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NC Penguin - Closing the thread on my question seems a bit harsh!

Originally Posted by ScotsmanInTexas
You might have at least given someone the chance to respond to it. Since my question is of urgence and importance. Don't you think you are just a bit too over enthusiastic in your policing of the boards?

If would have helped if you had posted the question in the proper forum, i.e. US Immigration.

BTW the term is "advance parole" not advanced parole ... there is no past tense in the application name. Also your reason for the need for A/P is not emergent and will not warrant CIS issuing you an emergency A/P at the district office. YOu will have to wait the customary 30 to 120 days for its issuance through the NBC.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:53 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

There are actually three forums dedicated to US visa related issues. There are many BE members and the public (all three are usenet groups) knowledgeable about advance parole and many other visa related topics on those forums. Many more than in the USA forum.

It's probably worth your while to take a moment to familiarize yourself with the many British Expats forums.

Please see the descriptions below the US visa related forum titles-
http://britishexpats.com/forum/

NC Penguin
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:00 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
BTW the term is "advance parole" not advanced parole ... there is no past tense in the application name.
Unless you miss your filing date
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

How about moving the thread instead of locking it?. I did PM NC about this a week or two ago when someone asked an immigration question in the USA forum that got a number of replies and was then promptly shut down. I never heard anything back though.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:23 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
there is no past tense in the application name.
Why would a noun or adjective have a tense?
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:35 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
How about moving the thread instead of locking it?. I did PM NC about this a week or two ago when someone asked an immigration question in the USA forum that got a number of replies and was then promptly shut down. I never heard anything back though.
Due to opposition from some members about mods moving visa related posts into visa forums (all of which I believe are actually usenet groups), I personally do not move any visa related threads anymore.

Instead, I've been posting in the thread and advising the OP to read/search/post in the appropriate visa forum him/herself.

In general, it's the newish members that tend to post in the USA forum whereas the more appropriate forum would be a US visa related forum. I guess they don't notice the three US visa forums elsewhere in the list of BE forums...

NC Penguin
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Why would a noun or adjective have a tense?
Why would someone be so anal by correcting that in the first place.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:38 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Why would someone be so anal by correcting that in the first place.

I didn't correct; I never do! Was just very confused by the terminology.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I didn't correct; I never do! Was just very confused by the terminology.
I didn't mean you.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:46 am
Septicity

I didn't mean you.
Now, I'm with you.

Still dunno the answer. Maybe coz Americans have a bit of a hang-up over their adopted language? Touch of OCD, perhaps? No idea!
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well you did get an answer, and you were told where to post to find more info.

People ain't gonna learn if everything is moved around for them all the time, plus we get yelled at for doing it either to much, or not enough. And it's not like this forum is that hard to navigate, when there is a clear immigration/visa section as well as a general lifestyle sections.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:53 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Due to opposition from some members about mods moving visa related posts into visa forums (all of which I believe are actually usenet groups), I personally do not move any visa related threads anymore.
I won't post in any of the visa forms because of the usenet thing. Call me whatever you want, but I prefer posting where I can be cut, pasted, and linked all day, rather than somewhere that puts my posts on autopilot. (Some day, a bunch of aliens are going to get a hold of the Voyager spacecraft and find all of BE's usenet posts inside.)
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:40 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
I won't post in any of the visa forms because of the usenet thing. Call me whatever you want, but I prefer posting where I can be cut, pasted, and linked all day, rather than somewhere that puts my posts on autopilot. (Some day, a bunch of aliens are going to get a hold of the Voyager spacecraft and find all of BE's usenet posts inside.)
Explanation please - I'm confused

Should I be scared? :scared:

TIA
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:44 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Explanation please - I'm confused

Should I be scared? :scared:

TIA
Just a personal preference. I don't like my posts travelling so far and wide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.