Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NBC soccer - Dec 14th

NBC soccer - Dec 14th

Old Dec 14th 2013, 4:41 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute
Default NBC soccer - Dec 14th

So I guess regular NBC don't see Hull v Stoke a glamorous enough fixture to show it today? Will probably be a cracker and fortunately there's some good streams available
Old Dec 14th 2013, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of
Default Re: NBC soccer - Dec 14th

It was on NBC Sports Channel (not Premier League Extra Time).

What TV provider are you with? Surely they have that one.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 10:25 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

We don't pay for TV - just the regular channels that they provide free on the TWC internet cable connection that we have.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

I guess NBC knew something we didn't. It was pretty dire compared to the two previous games.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 1:22 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
I guess NBC knew something we didn't. It was pretty dire compared to the two previous games.
very disappointing in entertainment value....
Old Dec 18th 2013, 3:03 am
Just Joined

islander2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

dude, NBC Sport provides excellent coverage, depends on your provider tho. i have optimum (cablevision) and they had 4 games on sat and another 2 on sun... so much better than in the UK. I watch more soccer over here than when i was over there...
Old Dec 18th 2013, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islander2013
dude, NBC Sport provides excellent coverage, depends on your provider tho. i have optimum (cablevision) and they had 4 games on sat and another 2 on sun... so much better than in the UK. I watch more soccer over here than when i was over there...
It's not cheap though. I pay almost $70 per month to get a cable package that carries NBC-SN. It's nice to have one game a week on an OTA / Non-premium cable network.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 1:50 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
It's not cheap though. I pay almost $70 per month to get a cable package that carries NBC-SN. It's nice to have one game a week on an OTA / Non-premium cable network.
That's reasonable in my opinion. Work out what that would cost with Sky Sports in the UK and $70 (I pay $100 with FIOS) looks extremely reasonable.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

If you only have terrestrial TV then you are going to struggle to watch much anyway.

I like sport so it is money well spent to get (ie) Directv with all the bells and whistles.

Every Saints game live on TV. The NBC deal is pure bliss.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 7:19 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

I'll stick with the streams or the local 'pub' for the particular games I'm interested in. When Brighton get into the EPL I might consider paying for it (so it might be a while ).
Old Dec 20th 2013, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
That's reasonable in my opinion. Work out what that would cost with Sky Sports in the UK and $70 (I pay $100 with FIOS) looks extremely reasonable.
That $70 is basic cable and the sports package only. No premiums or anything and no DVR/boxes either. I roll my own with a cable card. 8Mbps Internet adds another $60 to the bill for $130 total. I would kill for FIOS here but it's never going to happen.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 2:36 am
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Indeed. Whenever I look into prices, it soon seems to escalate when you add it all up. I'd be more interested in BeIn Sport anyway for the Championship games and I think that channel is in the basic Direct TV package?
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see Gary Lineker co hosting today's game from the Emirates.