Reload this Page >

NatWest Offshore : Any Help

NatWest Offshore : Any Help

Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Kaptene is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow NatWest Offshore : Any Help

All
I was living and working in the UK with a valid resident card, I had an account with Natwest Offshore which was always operating without any issues.

I moved to another country 3 years ago and I am not resident in the UK. I received a letter from NAtWest that they wil close my account in 1 month...Any help?

Can I open an account in the UK while being abroad? I only have business visa for the moment to travel to the UK..

Thank you
REgards,
Old Aug 4th 2013, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: NatWest Offshore : Any Help

Common boys...any taughts.?
Old Aug 4th 2013, 11:14 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

K my UK bank shut my accounts down when I moved to NZ and not being able to open another I moved to Lloyds TSB Offshore based on the IOM. I have UK £'s paid into my Sterling account and they move to cash my NZ Bank at my request with a good exchange rate. Why did Natwest Offshore dump you or have you taken up in a very volatile country.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Really no idea...I have never had any issue with my account, I just got a letter today stating that the account will be closed in september, and I have some funds on it...creazy
Old Aug 5th 2013, 12:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaptene
Really no idea...I have never had any issue with my account, I just got a letter today stating that the account will be closed in september, and I have some funds on it...creazy
Have you contacted them to find out why?

I was told that you cannot open UK accounts without UK address, but nothing wrong with keeping already held accounts open.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 12:45 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

It's an Offshore account not UK mainland, it will be registered in IOM or Channel Isles or Malta etc.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 12:46 am

K are you quite sure you are banking with the "Offshore" division ?
Old Aug 5th 2013, 12:48 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
It's an Offshore account not UK mainland, it will be registered in IOM or Channel Isles or Malta etc.
I got that - and I admit I don't know anything about offshore banking, but would have thought that if it is okay to keep UK mainland account open, an offshore one would be okay too
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:22 am
Just Joined

certainly it's an offshore division, I have tried to call them, the relationship manager has changed, and the new one is out of the office...in a swimming pool while my money is at risk..
Old Aug 5th 2013, 10:53 pm

certainly it's an offshore division, I have tried to call them, the relationship manager has changed, and the new one is out of the office...in a swimming pool while my money is at risk..
I think you will find the Offshore division will be the same problem coverage as the mainland. You should be protected up to something like £80/85k.....unless the new manager used yours to pay for his swimming pool!
Old Aug 6th 2013, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

I spoke with another manager, and they did it as a policy of considering the bank risk, as it depends on the adress of the holder....so if you put UK adress you are fine, anywhere else, you are either a drogue dealer or a money laundrer....have no idea what it means...
Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:07 pm

I spoke with another manager, and they did it as a policy of considering the bank risk, as it depends on the adress of the holder....so if you put UK adress you are fine, anywhere else, you are either a drogue dealer or a money laundrer....have no idea what it means...
So where the hell are you residing. Offshore accounts are for Offshore peeps.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
So where the hell are you residing. Offshore accounts are for Offshore peeps.
I kept a NatWest IoM offshore account for the 18 years I lived in US.
Where are you now living?
Old Aug 8th 2013, 11:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

You are supposed to be UK resident to open a mainland bank account.

The account is supposed to remain open, if one so wants, if one moves abroad - but some people have had them closed. This might have been because a particular account only operated due to a regular income (perhaps of a minimum amount) and being abroad means that may no longer apply.

It shouldn't really matter where one lives for an offshore account, but some of them do have conditions (income, minimum balances etc) that similarly may no longer be fulfilled by a move to a different country.

Might it be as simple as the account not having been used for a while? Accounts going dormant in such cases is normal even for ordinary accounts.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

I was living in North Africa in the past 3 years after I relocated from the UK, I used my account quiet frequently I would say...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.