Reload this Page >

N400 tax question

Wikiposts

N400 tax question

Old Aug 2nd 2018, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Vidt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: N400 tax question

So, while getting my tax returns from the IRS, I noticed I overlooked something. In 2007 and 2008, my husband a d I were dependata on my inlays tax returns. In 2009, we filed married filing jointly (very little income and o can't remember why we filed but we did). In 2010, our joint income togther was around $7000, well below the threshold for filing taxes, and therefore we didn't file either federal or state taxes that year. 2011 onwards, thankfully we have had proper jobs and have been filing married filing jointly every year.

So, on the form n400, the answer will be yes to have I ever not filed taxes, and then I will just explain the 2007 and 2008, had then explain the earnings below threshold and thats why taxes were not filed. In the document checklist, I have to provide correspondence from the IRS for failure to file. Can I just provide a letter that states that the house hold income was such and such in 2009, and that 2007 and 2008 we were claimed by in laws? And maybe reiterate that no taxes are overdue.

gosh I'm so sick of this form already.