Reload this Page >

My Life As An Undocumented Immigrant

My Life As An Undocumented Immigrant

Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Life As An Undocumented Immigrant

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Not a particularly difficult one! You make it a condition that you were physically present in the US at some arbitrary time a year or so before the bill's date.
How do you prove that?
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:17 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
How do you prove that?
How do you prove anything?

A preponderance of the evidence is fine for me.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fatbrit
How do you prove anything?

A preponderance of the evidence is fine for me.
They have no evidence.

By definition they are undocumented.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

They have no evidence.

What definition would that be? "Undocumented" is a generic term used by the media - by itself it means nothing.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marocco
"Undocumented" is a generic term used by the media - by itself it means nothing.
It's also the term used by the US government... and, in fact, it has a specific meaning: EWI.

Ian
Old Jun 30th 2011, 3:05 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

They have no evidence.

So let's say that a person who has to prove they were in the country on a certain day shows you a pay check for the local fast food joint that they worked a 40-hour week at that time. Furthermore, they bring evidence showing their kid was in school on that day, and finish it off with an affidavit from their minister stating they had been a member of the congregation for many years and were present in the US on that date.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's also the term used by the US government... and, in fact, it has a specific meaning: EWI.

Ian
Do you have a source?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a source?
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

Under AOS section...Entry Without Inspection is mentioned quite a lot.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

iray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really nice

Do you have a source?
I don't think "undocumented" necessarily only means they individual has no document to show their status, it can mean that their entry/permission to remain here was not documented by the government. But I agree with you that when the media use it, the mean someone who doesn't have a document authorising them to be here.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

Under AOS section...Entry Without Inspection is mentioned quite a lot.
The word "undocumented" is not even mentioned once. I was asking Ian for a source about his statement that officially undocumented = EWI.

Last edited by Marocco; Jul 1st 2011 at 6:27 am.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

newXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to allnewXgate is a name known to all

They have no evidence.

They have no evidence of their entry. However, there are plenty of ways one could prove one's presence in the country, at a certain date, even if undocumented. Receipts, bank statements, utility bills, pay stubs, ATM withdrawal receipts, for example. Unless someone is flying completely under the radar all the time, it could be done.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 4:58 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The word "undocumented" is not even mentioned once. I was asking Ian for a source about his statement that officially undocumented = EWI.
The politically correct term undocumented immigrant started with former INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) Commissioner Leonel J. Castillo during the Carter Administration (1977-81). The word undocumented wormed its way from the widely discredited and now defunct INS to politically-correct media, cheap labor corporations, ethnic vote pandering politicians, and pro-illegal alien 'rights' organizations, many of which are race biased. Even the highest officials including President Bush and former House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt pander to the extent they even call illegal aliens citizens
Old Jul 1st 2011, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

The first time I came to the US on hols was c 1995. I think I have much of the documentation.

One interesting issue that arise out of those who have worked without authorisation is that they are asking for I9's......

Often thought a U Visa would be an interesting concept in these cases.

PS They are Citizens, just not US ones.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

iray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really niceiray is just really nice

Often thought a U Visa would be an interesting concept in these cases.
I had never heard of this type of visa, thanks for mentioning it.