British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   My Kind Of Town....with Johnny Vaughan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/my-kind-town-johnny-vaughan-318167/)

looselips Aug 5th 2005 2:32 am

My Kind Of Town....with Johnny Vaughan

Anyone see previews of this?? Johnny Vaughan making his US debut. I hope he does better than Vernon Kay!

My Kind of Town

NC Penguin Aug 5th 2005 2:43 am

Re: My Kind Of Town....with Johnny Vaughan

Originally Posted by looselips
Anyone see previews of this?? Johnny Vaughan making his US debut. I hope he does better than Vernon Kay!

My Kind of Town

I was called by my spouse when the TV commercial was on for this show. He asked me the name of the British guy and all I could remember is that his firstname is Johnny...

I noticed he's not named in the commercial but Americans don't know him so his name alone would not be a draw.

The show starts Sunday, doesn't it?

NC Penguin

sibsie Aug 5th 2005 2:49 am

Veron Kaye bombed which is a shame as he's hugely talented. I think his accent put a lot of septics off. Johnny Vaughan is a maniac and I hope he does better than poor old Vernon.

Ray Aug 5th 2005 3:30 am

I liked Frankie Vaughan!!!

ImHere Aug 5th 2005 3:32 am

Originally Posted by sibsie
Veron Kaye bombed which is a shame as he's hugely talented. I think his accent put a lot of septics off. Johnny Vaughan is a maniac and I hope he does better than poor old Vernon.

Can you say that?

I liked vaughney on the Big Breakfast a few years ago. Not sure if the American audience will get him though.

Eskimo Aug 5th 2005 3:54 am

Originally Posted by ImHere
Can you say that?

I liked vaughney on the Big Breakfast a few years ago. Not sure if the American audience will get him though.

I thought he was unable to come to the US due to 18 months inside for cocaine possession ?

ImHere Aug 5th 2005 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Eskimo
I thought he was unable to come to the US due to 18 months inside for cocaine possession ?

Perchance its a satellite link up?

Or maybe one of those special cases like a certain Master Blair? Since when have rules applied equally to us plebs and our more important brethren?

MiniBrit Aug 5th 2005 1:07 pm

OMG Johhny Vaughan! hurray!! I soooo miss his morning show on Capital Radio!! I hope the new TV show is more of his ad lid stuff and not scripted, I always think he is so funny when he's being spontaneous as in his radio show or the good days of the big breakkie.... speaking of breakkie its cuppa & bagel time..... (Im only partially assimilated so far) :p

AmerLisa Aug 5th 2005 2:23 pm

Can you say that?

I did too, wasn't the same when he left. He was great with Denise, and Liza was pretty good with him as well. Pretty funny show.

Pimpbot Aug 5th 2005 3:52 pm

I posted about this over a week ago http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316509 I guess you missed it when it turned into a "lounge" thread.

sibsie Aug 5th 2005 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I guess you missed it when it turned into a "lounge" thread.

I don't do the Lounge. :scared:

ImHere Aug 5th 2005 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by sibsie
I don't do the Lounge. :scared:

Thats not what the rumours say.

ImHere Aug 5th 2005 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I did too, wasn't the same when he left. He was great with Denise, and Liza was pretty good with him as well. Pretty funny show.

Aye I though our Miss Van Outen played off against him really well. They made a great double act (and she has top legs of course)

AmerLisa Aug 5th 2005 11:50 pm

They made a great double act (and she has top legs of course)

Not that it made a difference to me...but yes they were great as an act together. :D

Sarah Aug 6th 2005 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Ray
I liked Frankie Vaughan!!!

I'll just ask my grandma.....