Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My friend had a night out with Colin Farrell!

My friend had a night out with Colin Farrell!

Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default My friend had a night out with Colin Farrell!

Well I am star struck. One of my British friends was over in LA on business and was drinking at the bar of his hotel alone when Colin Farrell turned up, sat next to him and offered to buy him a drink. After chatting for a while it suddenly occurred to Colin (I feel I can call him that now) that my friend had no blinking clue who the hell he was. So he asked my friend if he did indeed know who he was and my friend, bless him, said truthfully no but pointed out that normally checking ones passport would help to confirm ones identity (I know, he's posh and he thinks he's funny!) anyway they spent the evening chatting away and then Colin invited him to a nightclub and walked him passed the queue of wannabies waiting to get in and they ended up having a great laugh at the club. My friend still not knowing who this guy was even offered to buy him a drink he said no but order anything you like at the bar on me. Most of the evening Colin was giving my friend hilarious clues as to who he was but to be honest my friend wouldn't have known him from adam anyway and so still didnt get it, other than he realised by then he was in a couple of films. The next day my friend sent a text message to his kids saying, I went for a beer with Colin Farrell, apparently he's famous!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My friend had a night out with Colin Farrell!

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Well I am star struck. . !

hmmm love his irish accent
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Umm!! I have no idea who Colin Farrell is either ......
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:33 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

can't stand him... ugly, bad actor, his accent may be the only thing going for him. I saw him in the meat-packing district of manhattan last year, he looked even worse in the flesh.
my friend says when she sees him, it makes her think 'syphillis'... now i can't look at him without thinking it
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a tame night, something I thought Colin (I know him well enough to call him that too, I've watched a few of this movies!!! ) was incapable of doing?!?! What a great story to tell people, I'm envious!
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Well I am star struck. One of my British friends was over in LA on business and was drinking at the bar of his hotel alone when Colin Farrell turned up, sat next to him and offered to buy him a drink. After chatting for a while it suddenly occurred to Colin (I feel I can call him that now) that my friend had no blinking clue who the hell he was. So he asked my friend if he did indeed know who he was and my friend, bless him, said truthfully no but pointed out that normally checking ones passport would help to confirm ones identity (I know, he's posh and he thinks he's funny!) anyway they spent the evening chatting away and then Colin invited him to a nightclub and walked him passed the queue of wannabies waiting to get in and they ended up having a great laugh at the club. My friend still not knowing who this guy was even offered to buy him a drink he said no but order anything you like at the bar on me. Most of the evening Colin was giving my friend hilarious clues as to who he was but to be honest my friend wouldn't have known him from adam anyway and so still didnt get it, other than he realised by then he was in a couple of films. The next day my friend sent a text message to his kids saying, I went for a beer with Colin Farrell, apparently he's famous!

Pfffftttt, bloody sychophants
I sat next to Al Bundy from Married with Children in an Irish bar in Santa Monica.
Also sat next to Kobe Bryant ( LA Lakers) in a PF Changs in LA.

Over the years I have spoken with or met the following in LA;
Robert Englund - Freddie Kruger from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies
Daryl Hannah - Splash/Kill Bill
Sissy Spacek - Very nice and frendly
Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins
Arnold Schwarzenegger - twat
Kevin Bacon - Mystic River
Sean Penn - He's tiny
Emilio Estevez - also very short
Rene Russo - she was as pissed as a fart
Stefanie Powers - Hart to Hart
Harry Morgan - Colonel Potter from TV's MASH, was just as miserable in real life
Katherine Helmond - Jessica Tate from TV's Soap comedy series.

Elina has waited tables on Ronald and Nancy Reagan, Anthony Hopkins and Britney Spears amongst others.

We were also invited to Jim Carrey's 'wrap party' for Fun with Dick & Jane, but we didn't go.

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Mar 28th 2006 at 9:37 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:34 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

Glad I'm not the only one...
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:35 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Ray, I also met Gene Autry that might impress you as it is more in your timeline.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby was once sat with the Backstreet Boys on a Virgin Flight. Having absolutely no idea who they were he called my daughter, saying that he had been sat with some lads from a band and did she know who they were. She hit the roof, they had been offering him all sorts of stuff during the flight and he refused.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:37 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Pfffftttt, bloody sychophants
I sat next to Al Bundy from Married with Children in an Irish bar in Santa Monica.
Also sat next to Kobe Bryant ( LA Lakers) in a PF Changs in LA.

Over the years I have saw/spoken or met the following in LA;
Robert Englund - Freddie Kruger from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies
Daryl Hannah - Splash/Kill Bill
Sissy Spacek - Very nice and frendly
Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins
Arnold Schwarzenegger - twat
Kevin Bacon - Mystic River
Sean Penn - He's tiny
Emilio Estevez - also very short
Rene Russo - she was as pissed as a fart
Stefanie Powers - Hart to Hart
Harry Morgan - Colonel Potter from TV's MASH, was just as miserable in real life
Katherine Helmond - Jessica Tate from TV's Soap comedy series.

Elina has waited tables on Ronald and Nancy Reagan, Anthony Hopkins and Britney Spears amongst others.

We were also invited to Jim Carrey's 'wrap party' for Fun with Dick & Jane, but we didn't go.
You must be nuts, I'd have been there in a flash!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:38 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

i used to work in a VIP lounge, so i've met a-plenty, but there's nothing special about any of them, except that some are nice and some are tossers. they're not gods
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:42 pm
Banned

I also saw Eric Sykes in a bar in Belfast a few years ago
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ray, I also met Gene Autry that might impress you as it is more in your timeline.
I preferred Trigger .......
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
I preferred Trigger .......
That was Roy's horse not Gene's
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:50 pm
Ray

That was Roy's horse not Gene's
Of course I have the name Roy on my mind today ....

Genes horse was Dale ..............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.