My final Interview

Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Sussex Then Oregon Then Vancouver Now Colorado
Wildcat_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My final Interview

All
I had my final citizenship interview today and passed

The one question I have is that since we are in a state that does not swear you in at the point of interview, you get a sheet that states CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE PASSED THE TESTS AND HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR FINAL APPROVAL. I Was told by the officer that the next step would be a notice in the mail in 3-4 weeks that would give a time to go to another office for swearing in and surrendering your PR card.

So, my question is, is that it or do I still need to be concerned about anything. Obvioously I won't be a citizen until swearing in but wanted to know if there was anything else

Thanks

WC
Old Apr 12th 2006, 4:19 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My final Interview

Originally Posted by Wildcat_1
All
I had my final citizenship interview today and passed

The one question I have is that since we are in a state that does not swear you in at the point of interview, you get a sheet that states CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE PASSED THE TESTS AND HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR FINAL APPROVAL. I Was told by the officer that the next step would be a notice in the mail in 3-4 weeks that would give a time to go to another office for swearing in and surrendering your PR card.

So, my question is, is that it or do I still need to be concerned about anything. Obvioously I won't be a citizen until swearing in but wanted to know if there was anything else

Thanks

WC

no that's it..... Congratulations

I've been an official American for two weeks
Old Apr 12th 2006, 5:12 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. The next step is usually at a court or public building where you and a bunch of other people, real foreigners, not people like you, are sworn in by a judge, in a formal ceremony.

My wife and I had our final interviews given by a INS agent at the county courthouse, she asked my wife one easy question, and asked me four difficult ones, I think it was payback time for a male chauvinist pig. (It was a few years ago).
Old Apr 12th 2006, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.

When you go back for the oath ceremony you will have to fill in a form to confirm that nothing has changed since your interview, i.e. you haven't left the country, been arrested, etc (the usual list). I had to fill this in even though my ceremony was an hour after my interview! Anyway, just bear it in mind in case you're unlucky enough to get a speeding ticket or something in the next few weeks, you'll want to take that with you!
Old Apr 14th 2006, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

How long does it take to get the notice of ceremony ?

Originally Posted by Always21
Congratulations.

When you go back for the oath ceremony you will have to fill in a form to confirm that nothing has changed since your interview, i.e. you haven't left the country, been arrested, etc (the usual list). I had to fill this in even though my ceremony was an hour after my interview! Anyway, just bear it in mind in case you're unlucky enough to get a speeding ticket or something in the next few weeks, you'll want to take that with you!
Old Apr 14th 2006, 1:09 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

How long does it take to get the notice of ceremony ?
Depends, could be the day of the ceremony or about two weeks after the ceremony.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

I meant how long does it take for them to send me a notice to attend a ceremony

Originally Posted by User Name
Depends, could be the day of the ceremony or about two weeks after the ceremony.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a problem reading? Your question was answered in Post #6!!

You know. You'd make it a lot easier on yourself if you just searched in the US visas related forums. The answers are there...
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:18 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Do you have a problem reading? Your question was answered in Post #6!!
Actually, old bean, the question was answered in post #1: " Was told by the officer that the next step would be a notice in the mail in 3-4 weeks ..."
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:19 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

"3-4 weeks" ... look at post #1, your post.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by User Name
Actually, old bean, the question was answered in post #1: " Was told by the officer that the next step would be a notice in the mail in 3-4 weeks ..."
The OP needs reassurance from those who've experienced this firsthand or know people who have, so that's probably why he started the thread.
Old Apr 14th 2006, 6:40 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

Originally Posted by Celsius
The OP needs reassurance from those who've experienced this firsthand or know people who have, so that's probably why he started the thread.
Well the nice person who interviewed me asked if there were any dates that would be difficult for me (re: attending the ceremony). I said May 9th. Why she asked, I don't know, but since she did ask, I told her. Letter comes, May 9th was my date. Oh dear, I says. Then I remembered her asking me about bad dates. Whatever, I thought. I didn't want to reapply for a new date and so did the oath thing on May 9th. Then did it again on May 9th. Made the legal press - brief mention on page one and photo of me holding up my right hand and stuff on an inside page. The Federal District Judge (same Judge overseeing the trial of Illinois's ex-governor Ryan) gave a little talk about a hard working man who came to the USA, worked diligently and today was being sworn in as a US citizen and as a lawyer ... then the Judge asked me to read the U.S. citizenship passage. Waited in line, picked up the Citizenship Certificate and then had to dash (by cab) with the legal reporter, who wanted to attend the two ceremonies with me, to another place to go through another swearing in ceremony. Was a celebrity for a day.

Last edited by User Name; Apr 14th 2006 at 6:54 pm.