my Favs

Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

doris123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my Favs

I,m looking for a website that sells British comfort foods and most of all Good old Newspapers,,,,,,help me

doris
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.britishgourmet.com/

Cannot help with the papers though.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:16 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Just bought a load of goodies from one of those movie theatre style candy stores in our local mall....aside from all the sickly sweet flavourless Yank candy, nestled in amongst the shelves were:

Fruit Gums...best chew in history
Wine Gums
Caramel Chocolate Digestives....never heard of them before
Choccie Hob Nobs...absolute fave
Curly Wurly
Aero
Turkish Delight...full of Eastern promise
and much much more

Now my purse is $20 lighter....easy peasy!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:54 pm
Franklin

Default Re: my Favs

Originally posted by doris123
I,m looking for a website that sells British comfort foods and most of all Good old Newspapers,,,,,,help me

doris

Doris> I don't know if this will work for you, but I use "NEWSNOW". But some of the British newspapers are no longer so easy to read on-line (Perhaps I should mention that NEWSNOW is a clearing house of news with links to newspapers located in the UK (plus other places) ... I love the sports news, I'm always going to the F1 page ...

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/

I guess the site will be a bit slower the next time I log on and get my daily diet of news from a British perspective.

Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

greg11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: my Favs

Originally posted by doris123

doris
I know of 2 or 3 websites for your comfort foods,,but newspapers are not so easy.... last week i read of a newspaper web site which specializes in papers to expats..