Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My company has decided I'm a keeper...

Wikiposts

My company has decided I'm a keeper...

Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My company has decided I'm a keeper...

Originally Posted by Bob
If your still working at the place that sponsored the L1A/B...then you don't need AP, same for spouse...and using AP to be paroled in is different to being admitted...not that it's a big thing for most people, but the distinction can get murky if anything were to get interesting with the AOS.

Anyway, congrats to Paul
Or maybe not
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paul_TX
We've been here for a little over a year on an L1-A and I have just heard from my boss this morning that the company wants to sponsor me for a Green Card!!

That's really great news for us as I didn't really expect them to pick up the tab for the whole thing too.

We're in Texas, so does anyone know what sort of timeframe we're looking at? Also, am I right in saying that once you've applied you can't leave the country? If so, we can't start the process until end of June because we're going back to Blighty for a vacation.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul

My husband and I are in the same position as you. We put all our paperwork in for the Green card in January - the case has just been transferred from CA to Texas so we are now waiting. As everybody has said you don't need AP with the L1 visa (our lawyer told us after she had applied!)

I will keep you posted if we get any news on our green card.

soap addict
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:53 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Or maybe not
My immi attorney is a brilliant man, in fact, he 'specializes' in L1-A's, and one of the funniest characters I've ever met

On the other side of the coin, I've had to deal with sharks in different fields to his, and it is a mystery to me on HOW IN THE HELL they managed to pass the bar, they're THAT clueless.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:00 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
On the other side of the coin, I've had to deal with sharks in different fields to his, and it is a mystery to me on HOW IN THE HELL they managed to pass the bar, they're THAT clueless.
Acquiring knowledge is one thing - knowing how to use it is something else entirely I'm afraid