Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My $10 birthday present ...

Wikiposts

My $10 birthday present ...

Old Aug 10th 2012, 2:20 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My $10 birthday present ...

Happy Belated birthday!

Excellent use of $10 - I think I'll pop over to the "favorite things about America" and add the National Park Service to the list. It really is great. Most of the State Parks we've been to in various states have been pretty good too.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 6:23 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
Hey, $10 anything can get me excited these days.

I do love Carvel ice cream cakes. Another of my favourite things about America, expecially appreciated in the unbearably hot American summer . . . .

Forgot to say happy (now belated) birthday, Robin!
Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Happy Belated birthday!

Excellent use of $10 - I think I'll pop over to the "favorite things about America" and add the National Park Service to the list. It really is great. Most of the State Parks we've been to in various states have been pretty good too.
Thanks guys!
Yes Carvel is one of my favorite things. They used to have actual stores, not sure if there are many of them left. Their soft ice cream was the best. I think they got into selling the cakes in supermarkets, after most of the stores were gone...
Old Aug 10th 2012, 11:47 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

My super sleuth skills detect that you have just turned 62. Do I get a prize?
Old Aug 10th 2012, 12:45 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Yes Carvel is one of my favorite things. They used to have actual stores, not sure if there are many of them left. Their soft ice cream was the best. I think they got into selling the cakes in supermarkets, after most of the stores were gone...
There's one little Carvel store in my parents' town, but we think it may well be the last one left in the state. So sad to see them disappear. My kids used to love going to Carvel when they were little. There used to be one in every town we drove through during our summer visits to the east coast US.