Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Musical differences with your spouse.....

Wikiposts

Musical differences with your spouse.....

Old Jan 17th 2005, 2:26 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Musical differences with your spouse.....

Originally Posted by cupranod
Very talented guys though,love the Happy Mondays.Another remnant of the rich talent around in the late 80's-early 90's,Stone Roses et al..........
I'm not quite sure what Bez's talent was exactly. Fannying around on stage with a thousand yard stare and a percussion instrument? His appearances on "The Sunday Show" were pretty funny though -job's a good un!

Agree with you about the Stone Roses though, quality.
Originally Posted by Big Vern
Someone should persuade Bez from the Mondays and the bloke with the chains that used to dance with Howard Jones to get together to form a supergroup....
Ever seen Tim Booth out of James do his beserker dancing? I forget what the correct description is, but he might be a useful addition to that supergroup.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

:

808 State
Autechre
Boards of Canada
Mira Calix
Nightmares on Wax
Plaid
Red Snapper
Savath and Savalas
Squarepusher
Two Lone Swordsmen

Holy shit, I must be getting old, I've never heard of any of them. I though my teenage kids kept me up to date.
But perhaps I'm too busy trying to (and sometimes succeeding) in 'turning them on' to my old favorites, like neil Diamond, Cat Stevens, Roxy Music (Bryan Ferry) CSN and Manassas, The Who.

Back to the topic, my wife loves 'soft rock' and hates some of mine, particularly the old Mario Lanza vinyl I found in a thrift shop the other day !!!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Originally Posted by DaveC
I'm not quite sure what Bez's talent was exactly. Fannying around on stage with a thousand yard stare and a percussion instrument? His appearances on "The Sunday Show" were pretty funny though -job's a good un!

Agree with you about the Stone Roses though, quality.

Ever seen Tim Booth out of James do his beserker dancing? I forget what the correct description is, but he might be a useful addition to that supergroup.
Bez was a fantastically talented percussionist!!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:22 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Come back.....Buddy Holly ...Eddy Cochran....and The Big Boppa
Old Jan 18th 2005, 4:27 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Come back.....Buddy Holly ...Eddy Cochran....and The Big Boppa
and Roy Orbison, Elvis Presley (not Costello), Richie Valens too!

I think the Everly Brothers are still alive, aren't they?

I should mention that I like a lot of 50s and 60s music much to the disdain of my spouse, though he likes the Beatles and I don't know much about them (never heard a Beatles album in my life).

NC Penguin

Last edited by NC Penguin; Jan 18th 2005 at 4:31 am.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:08 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

My husband and I share many interests in music, but not favorites. His favorites are Elton John and Billy Joel, while mine are Broadway/movie soundtracks and Enya. We're both mushy 80s love song goobers.

When we were teens though, we were totally different with music interests. He liked heavy metal, and I liked pop music. I remember when I was a teeny bopper I was madly in love with a-ha.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:15 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
and Roy Orbison, Elvis Presley (not Costello), Richie Valens too! I think the Everly Brothers are still alive, aren't they?
And I though you was a young person!!!!

the Beatles and I don't know much about them (never heard a Beatles album in my life).NC Penguin
There we are ...a new experience to look forward too...
Old Jan 18th 2005, 6:36 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
And I though you was a young person!!!!
Well, I am probably younger than you, so I guess that makes me a young person.

There we are ...a new experience to look forward too...
I can listen to the Beatles any time I want to except there's so much out there that's lesser known that I can search for and listen to...

NC Penguin