Wikiposts

Moving to Virginia

Old Feb 9th 2016, 3:37 am
Just Joined

Adam2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Virginia

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You do NOT need your SSN to start work.
Ok that sounds promising had found out more from this forum in a few minutes than googling for ages
Old Feb 9th 2016, 3:39 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adam2016
Ok that sounds promising had found out more from this forum in a few minutes than googling for ages
I just added to my post above, which is now probably on the previous page for you.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

AlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond repute

We are looking at around the Alexandria area looks nice and from what I have read, crazy house prices but that's expected with that area I guess
If you know where you'll be working, I'd recommend renting a place as close to that as possible. As per Pulaski's post, the traffic is a nightmare. If your office is not accessible via public transport, I'd suggest looking into a reverse commute (against the flow of morning/evening traffic).
Old Feb 9th 2016, 3:48 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have the immigrant visa , which was a bit of a head ache, I can't remember regarding ticking a box for a social number I might check with the us embassy in germany who processed the visa, I just want to get working quickly it will help with two incomes for area.

Thanks for your assistance.
The US Embassy isn't going to remember which box you checked. Just look at your own copy of all your immigration paperwork. I assume you kept a copy for yourself.

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2016, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The US Embassy isn't going to remember which box you checked. Just look at your own copy of all your immigration paperwork. I assume you kept a copy for yourself.

Rene

My wife said she ticked it lol
Old Feb 9th 2016, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AlphaTangoMike
If you know where you'll be working, I'd recommend renting a place as close to that as possible. As per Pulaski's post, the traffic is a nightmare. If your office is not accessible via public transport, I'd suggest looking into a reverse commute (against the flow of morning/evening traffic).
yes that sounds good in theory but don't want to live close to belvoire but shorter commutes are important and we will probabally do a run in rush hour before we agree to a place to live