Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

moving to utah from uk

moving to utah from uk

Old Aug 21st 2011, 7:03 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to utah from uk

You're all advising this person to get a driver's license when she's failed her test six times? Some people just aren't cut out for the responsibilities and privileges that driving entails.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

benji2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
You're all advising this person to get a driver's license when she's failed her test six times? Some people just aren't cut out for the responsibilities and privileges that driving entails.
only 5 times actually and thanks for your support NOT !!!!
Old Aug 21st 2011, 7:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benji2003

Take no notice of OF. The US test is much much easier than the UK test. For instance my daughter took her test on her 17th birthday. It took all of 5 minutes max...the location was an empty car park. She drove forward for about 200 yards...then had to parallel park between 2 cones you could have parked half a dozen buses in. One of our member's daughter ran a red light during her driving test and passed...Chicago area I think that was. A week later she totalled her car.

The test does differ from state to state...but you get my drift....
Old Aug 21st 2011, 7:58 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore him and do not worry. Driving in the US is sooooooooo much easier than in the UK. Loads of wide open roads and huge parking spaces everywhere. Plus you'll get an automatic car so you won't have to worry about changing gears.

Easy peasy.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

benji2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Take no notice of OF. The US test is much much easier than the UK test. For instance my daughter took her test on her 17th birthday. It took all of 5 minutes max...the location was an empty car park. She drove forward for about 200 yards...then had to parallel park between 2 cones you could have parked half a dozen buses in. One of our member's daughter ran a red light during her driving test and passed...Chicago area I think that was. A week later she totalled her car.

The test does differ from state to state...but you get my drift....
thanks for that lol!!!! im not a bad driver just nerves got the better of me everytime as i had a lot of stressful things going on at the same time !! ie: moving over 300 miles away getting married and having a baby lol !!! so maybe this time i will pass xxxxxxx
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

so maybe this time i will pass xxxxxxx
Of course you will.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 12:14 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

he wont change his mind
Has he been there in January?