Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to US with pets

Moving to US with pets

Old Apr 6th 2011, 11:23 pm
Misses Los Angeles

MoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to US with pets

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
As long as you're okay with being sent home almost the moment you arrive in the US with your family, pets, and personal effects... I say, go for it. Oh... if there is no flight immediately available, you'll likely all be held in detention until they can ship you home. Your pets will likely be quarantined. Also, at some point in the future when your children want to visit the US, you'll get the opportunity to explain to them why they must apply for a visa.
If JustinTime thinks that this was fabricated for comedic effect, then he's in for a splendid learning curve.

I haven't laughed so much since someone back home asked 'are you ABSOLUTELY sure you need a visa for America, love? Can't you explain you're only staying two years?'

Old Apr 6th 2011, 11:58 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladybutterfly444
I moved from the UK to the US with two dogs. Very very easy process. All I had to do was get a letter from my vet within ten days of flying to say that my dogs were healthy to fly and we were on our way! I got airline approved crates for both of them, checked in at the BA counter at Heathrow with the dogs in tow and then they were put in the hold of the plane. When we arrived in LAX I picked up my luggage and then picked up my dogs in their crates and that was it! Of course, the UK is a rabies free country so it means that I could never take them back there unless I wanted them to endure quarantine (which I wouldnt for the world!). Good Luck!
fair play for the reply, but the thread was a piss take.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladybutterfly444
...I could never take them back there unless I wanted them to endure quarantine (which I wouldnt for the world!). Good Luck!
pet passport, problem solved, no quarantine.