Reload this Page >

Moving to the us at 16

Moving to the us at 16

Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

WiganKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the us at 16

Hello

This may seem an odd or ridiculous question to ask but In a few month's I will be leaving mandatory schooling In England at 16 and I was wondering for me too move out to the states would my parent's need to sign forums for me to stay here or would they have to come out with me.

And an additional thing is would I have to attend high school or middle school ? with me being 16 ?

Thank's for any answer's
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:38 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the us at 16

why? what's wrong with Wigan?
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:38 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

don't answer that, you'll be here all day
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WiganKid
Hello

This may seem an odd or ridiculous question to ask but In a few month's I will be leaving mandatory schooling In England at 16 and I was wondering for me too move out to the states would my parent's need to sign forums for me to stay here or would they have to come out with me.

And an additional thing is would I have to attend high school or middle school ? with me being 16 ?

Thank's for any answer's
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Are you asking from a visa point of view? Or are you already a US citizen?
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What visa do you envision using to move to the USA?

At age 16 you'd be too old for Middle School, unless your grades were really really poor. Most 16-year olds in the USA are Sophomores or Juniors in High School.

Rene
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

Thank's for the reply and the visa is just to live there temporarily and study !
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank's for the reply and the visa is just to live there temporarily and study !
So a student visa, then? F-1?

Rene
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Noorah101
So a student visa, then? F-1?

Rene
Yes that's the one but would I need anything like what I posted initially ?
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:46 pm
@matthewb76

Lets face it, this isn't happening.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:48 pm

Yes that's the one but would I need anything like what I posted initially ?
I don't know if you'd need your parents' permission, but I also have not heard of a 16-year old getting a student visa to attend high school in the USA. Are you thinking of going to university here instead?

If you're getting an F-1 visa, your parents CAN'T come with you. There's no F-2 visa available for the parent of an F-1 visa holder.

Rene
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

I don't know if you'd need your parents' permission, but I also have not heard of a 16-year old getting a student visa to attend high school in the USA. Are you thinking of going to university here instead?

If you're getting an F-1 visa, your parents CAN'T come with you. There's no F-2 visa available for the parent of an F-1 visa holder.

Rene
Yes I was thinking more along the lines of university I didn't know If I was required to go to high school
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:55 pm

Yes I was thinking more along the lines of university I didn't know If I was required to go to high school
It's not common for US 16-year olds to be ready for college / university. Might be different in the UK, I don't know.

Do you qualify to enter a US University? Have you applied anywhere? I think as long as you get accepted into a university, and qualify for the F-1 visa, then being 16 shouldn't be an issue (in my layman's opinion).

Rene
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:57 pm
@matthewb76

I think as long as you get accepted into a university, and qualify for the F-1 visa, then being 16 shouldn't be an issue (in my layman's opinion).

Rene
$$$

Last edited by Noorah101; Dec 17th 2012 at 9:26 pm. Reason: Three dollar signs is enough to indicate it's expensive.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

It's not common for US 16-year olds to be ready for college / university. Might be different in the UK, I don't know.

Do you qualify to enter a US University? Have you applied anywhere? I think as long as you get accepted into a university, and qualify for the F-1 visa, then being 16 shouldn't be an issue (in my layman's opinion).

Rene
I haven't applied yet because I didn't want to waste my time If I wasn't even allowed into the country
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Your parents are happy for you to move to the US on your own at age 16, and to pay the tens of thousands of dollars a year it'll cost for you to study there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.