Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to the United States

Moving to the United States

Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Joey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to all
Default Moving to the United States

Hi,

I'm moving to the US, I haven't actually chosen where to live, I am a british citizen, and will first be going on a visit, so don't need the visa. I have absolutely no idea what to expect, and I don't do the patriotic thing, not many brits do...if you are staying there on a visa, say you want to move there for a year, for business purposes, being a british citizen, do they have many restrictions on say buying property or what not. I'm totally new to this, never travelled abroad, alone in my life...so some help would be appreciated.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:48 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the United States

Originally Posted by Joey-SO
Hi,

I'm moving to the US, I haven't actually chosen where to live, I am a british citizen, and will first be going on a visit, so don't need the visa. I have absolutely no idea what to expect, and I don't do the patriotic thing, not many brits do...if you are staying there on a visa, say you want to move there for a year, for business purposes, being a british citizen, do they have many restrictions on say buying property or what not. I'm totally new to this, never travelled abroad, alone in my life...so some help would be appreciated.
Hi Joey, I've no advice really, I'm just sitting here looking forward to the replies
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I have a towel for joey so he can dry the wetness behind his ears.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Joey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to allJoey-SO is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Manc
I have a towel for joey so he can dry the wetness behind his ears.
my god! you're a moderator?!
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:52 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

Unless your a Mexican you have no chance
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

my god! you're a moderator?!
my god! you're never going to live in the USA?!
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Manc
my god! you're never going to live in the USA?!
I don't want to live there forever ofcourse
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:54 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest Joey, which part of the US are you planning to visit?

(Biting my lip here)
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:55 pm
@matthewb76

I don't want to live there forever ofcourse
how does upto 90 days sound then?
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Joey, Joey, Joey.....now why does that name ring a bell?

Nnanananananana....
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

When you come for a visit find a US citizen and get married that seems your only route unless you have $500k to buy a business.
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Joey, Joey, Joey.....now why does that name ring a bell?

Nnanananananana....
hmmmmmmmmm.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

florida
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:57 pm
@matthewb76

florida
oh f**k off.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:58 pm

florida
I have to go now Joey......where are my tablets?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.