British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Moving from UK to USA - Anglopacific (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/moving-uk-usa-anglopacific-731404/)

z1mian Sep 7th 2011 4:58 am

Moving from UK to USA - Anglopacific

I moved from the UK to Nebraska.
I gave Anglopacific a quite short notice and they were very quick providing a quote and all the paperwork.
However communication with my agent in Manchester was not good until I verbally complained to her boss.For some reason my agent struggled to call me to inform me of the paper needed, pick up date, etc.
I was estimated 10-12 weeks for delivery.
My goods took 4 weeks to leave the UK. I was not informed they had already arrived in NY and were waiting for customs to be paid, even though I had told the agent Schumacher Cargo, to call me if anything was needed. Items arrived in June and I was not told anything until I contacted them in July.
The final agent, Schumacher Cargo, do not communicate at all! I sent email after email and no delivery dates were confirmed.
I had to call the UK, in order for them to tell Schumacher Cargo to tell me of a delivery date.
In the end it took 14 weeks to get my goods, most of them spent sitting in New York.
The packers were excellent and finally my goods arrived fine.

Jerseygirl Sep 7th 2011 5:12 am

Re: Moving from UK to USA - Anglopacific

Originally Posted by z1mian (Post 9604766)
I gave Anglopacific a quite short notice and they were very quick providing a quote and all the paperwork.
However communication with my agent in Manchester was not good until I verbally complained to her boss.For some reason my agent struggled to call me to inform me of the paper needed, pick up date, etc.
My goods took 4 weeks to leave the UK. I was not informed they had already arrived in NY and were waiting for customs to be paid, even though I had told the agent Schumacher Cargo, to call me if anything was needed. Items arrived in June and I was not told anything until I contacted them in July.
The final agent, Schumacher Cargo, do not communicate at all! I sent email after email and no delivery dates were confirmed.
I had to call the UK, in order for them to tell Schumacher Cargo to tell me of a delivery date.
In the end it took 14 weeks to get my goods, most of them spent sitting in New York.

Hello...welcome to BE.

If I remember correctly it took about 8 to 10 weeks for our goods to arrive in NJ...that was in 1996. I gather it takes longer now...since 9/11 there are more security checks. Anyway you have your belongings and are about to embark on your new life here...and you have found us. So all is good. :)

1chumly Sep 7th 2011 2:11 pm

Wow, 14 weeks! Ours took 5 weeks door to door last Dec. We are in Houston though which is a major port so I am sure that had a lot to do with it.
Good luck to you and welcome to BE!

SultanOfSwing Sep 7th 2011 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by z1mian (Post 9604766)

At least when they finally did arrive, everything was in one piece and all present and correct, which is at least something!

Welcome to BE, despite first impressions we really are quite nice here :unsure: