Reload this Page >

Moving from UK to USA - Anglopacific

Moving from UK to USA - Anglopacific

Old Sep 7th 2011, 4:58 am
Just Joined

z1mian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from UK to USA - Anglopacific

I moved from the UK to Nebraska.
I gave Anglopacific a quite short notice and they were very quick providing a quote and all the paperwork.
However communication with my agent in Manchester was not good until I verbally complained to her boss.For some reason my agent struggled to call me to inform me of the paper needed, pick up date, etc.
I was estimated 10-12 weeks for delivery.
My goods took 4 weeks to leave the UK. I was not informed they had already arrived in NY and were waiting for customs to be paid, even though I had told the agent Schumacher Cargo, to call me if anything was needed. Items arrived in June and I was not told anything until I contacted them in July.
The final agent, Schumacher Cargo, do not communicate at all! I sent email after email and no delivery dates were confirmed.
I had to call the UK, in order for them to tell Schumacher Cargo to tell me of a delivery date.
In the end it took 14 weeks to get my goods, most of them spent sitting in New York.
The packers were excellent and finally my goods arrived fine.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 5:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from UK to USA - Anglopacific

Originally Posted by z1mian
I gave Anglopacific a quite short notice and they were very quick providing a quote and all the paperwork.
However communication with my agent in Manchester was not good until I verbally complained to her boss.For some reason my agent struggled to call me to inform me of the paper needed, pick up date, etc.
My goods took 4 weeks to leave the UK. I was not informed they had already arrived in NY and were waiting for customs to be paid, even though I had told the agent Schumacher Cargo, to call me if anything was needed. Items arrived in June and I was not told anything until I contacted them in July.
The final agent, Schumacher Cargo, do not communicate at all! I sent email after email and no delivery dates were confirmed.
I had to call the UK, in order for them to tell Schumacher Cargo to tell me of a delivery date.
In the end it took 14 weeks to get my goods, most of them spent sitting in New York.
Hello...welcome to BE.

If I remember correctly it took about 8 to 10 weeks for our goods to arrive in NJ...that was in 1996. I gather it takes longer now...since 9/11 there are more security checks. Anyway you have your belongings and are about to embark on your new life here...and you have found us. So all is good.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Wow, 14 weeks! Ours took 5 weeks door to door last Dec. We are in Houston though which is a major port so I am sure that had a lot to do with it.
Good luck to you and welcome to BE!

Last edited by 1chumly; Sep 7th 2011 at 2:12 pm. Reason: error
Old Sep 7th 2011, 3:21 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by z1mian
At least when they finally did arrive, everything was in one piece and all present and correct, which is at least something!

Welcome to BE, despite first impressions we really are quite nice here