Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving the the U.S.

Moving the the U.S.

Old Jul 14th 2014, 9:02 pm
Banned

Golden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving the the U.S.

... what did you do your final weeks?
Old Jul 14th 2014, 9:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving the the U.S.

Suggest reading the wiki and searching for a start....subject came up a week ago or so too.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 9:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
My fiance's last 2 weeks in Turkey were spent traveling from Istanbul to Ankara for his visa interview and a few days off to sightsee, then making arrangements with his clients and his brothers who were taking over his business. A couple of days before flying out, he got together with friends at a nightclub to say goodbye. I was with him those 2 weeks, and we flew back to the USA together. Great memories!

Rene
Old Jul 14th 2014, 9:31 pm
Banned

Golden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Suggest reading the wiki and searching for a start....subject came up a week ago or so too.
Thanks....Just saw that
Old Jul 14th 2014, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Question my sanity.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:13 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

We gutted the kitchen, including stripping tiles, with chunks of attached plaster, off the masonry walls and ripping the plasterboard off the stud walls. And we tore down the ceilings, both of them, the saggy lower ceiling, and the damaged lath and plaster ceiling that had been patched, .... with cement!

Then I rewired the kitchen and we had a brand new kitchen installed, everything fitted, all in limed oak, including paneled fridge and freezer, and with a hob and separate oven. I fitted a matching window sill. ..... It was finished 3-4 days before we left, and Mrs P never got to cook in it, a matter that she has never let me forget.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 15th 2014 at 2:17 am.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 3:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Question my sanity.
I'm doing a little of that as well

Me: You're out of your f-ing mind!
me: No i'm not?
Me: Yes you are
me: Why do you say that!?
Me: Because it's true, you're insane, moving to the States is insane
me: I'll have a nicer home
Me: Who cares, you'll probably get shot
me: O'cmon!
Me: Its true, everyone carries a gun there
ME: You'll soon become a fat ignorant religious fanatic
me: calm down
Me: You'll drive everywhere and take all your meals at McDonalds
Me: You'll be watching Oprah and Jerry Springer on the tele all day
me: STFU
Me: No you STFU
me: No! You!
Me: YOU!
me: Thats it!

Then I usually roll over and go to sleep
Old Jul 15th 2014, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Me is right
Old Jul 15th 2014, 4:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Me is right
Thanks Sally.....

My wife likes me, but just between us...... I can barely stand the guy. He's an idiot!

Last edited by Golden Boy; Jul 15th 2014 at 4:30 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point

Went to the pub.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

My wife likes me, but just between us...... I can barely stand the guy. He's an idiot!
But keep in mind: "me" is only 1/2 the package.
He doesn't exist without his "ME".

And with the whole deal together - the sense of humour of meME - will pull you through.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Take lots of pictures of the areas around you.
Take pictures with people you love.
Eat as much good cheese, sausage and good bacon. Oh and lamb!
Enjoy all the sandwiches from Marks and Sparks, Pret etc
Enjoy all the 'English' cultural stuff.

You might find imitations in the US but never the real deal.

Good luck!
Old Jul 17th 2014, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Your missus raises quite a number of valid points.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 6:11 am
Banned

Oh my wife is such a Chameleon. Two weeks in the states and she'll be watching Nascar and going to rodeos