Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Natick, MA and...

Moving to Natick, MA and...

Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Natick, MA and...

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
As a non US citizen you must inform US Immigration of your change of address within 30 days....this requirement is now being more aggressively enforced.
It is within ten days and Bob, your wife needs to complete form I-865

Remember to send by certified return receipt mail. Penalty is if not notified in 10 days they could deport you.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, from what we saw, Marlborough and Framingham were proper dives *lol*

Well thanks for all the info, that's superb stuff

Wouldn't happen to know if there's any organic stores and the like? I saw one in Wayland by the BoA bank...and saw one somewhere around Natick, but can't remember where, or if it was just outside of...

Anyway, we'll be moving in by July 15th, maybe moving in a little sooner...and the place is near the library, so right in the centre, 5-10 mins walk, which is very cool, nice leafy street, and not scary like those condo complex villages up the road which was checked out *l*

Originally Posted by daisy
Bob - I like Natick! Congratulations on not going for Marlborough!!

There are some good places to eat:

Bakery on the Common: can be a bit crazy, but it's in the centre of Natick and they hace amazing choc eclairs.

Mel's Commonwealth Cafe: on Route 30, fab breakfasts and a hugh queue on Sundays if you get there after 9.30am.

Gourmet Decisions: side street up the side of the library (can't remember name right now). This is new and the brunch I had there this morning was excellent: it has all the atmosphere of a crappy garden centre cafe, though

Nicholas Restaurant is Greek food and is OK - but whatever you do stay away from Agostino's - very crap.

There is an Indian Restaurant in the Plaza opposite the mall: it's not good, not bad and will do in a curry craving pinch.

In the same Plaza there is a fab diner called Joan and Ed's: it's run by a family and is all huge sandwiches, pickles and pies the size of dustbin lids.

Just accross the border in Wayland, there is an excellent Thai place called Morn's.

When do you move to Natick and whereabouts will you be?
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

Remember to send by certified return receipt mail. Penalty is if not notified in 10 days they could deport you.
Aye, cheers, and I've learned that everything needs to be certified where USCIS is concerned
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:34 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob

And what about those Indian restaurants out in Waltham?
The British Charitable Society always do a curry night at New Mother India on Moody St in Waltham....I haven't been to one but I heard the curry there is pretty good (and they keep going back)!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Rete

Oh, just a thought, but could it be sent in before the actual move?
Be just one less thing to have to bother about once we're there if we could