Reload this Page >

Moving to Millburn in a while

Moving to Millburn in a while

Old Jun 25th 2011, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

karenmillvalley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Millburn in a while

Hi All

Am a brit ex pat living currently in San Fran bay area. Going back to where we started 10 years ago...New Jersey. Hubby is already working east side and we want to find a rental by the new year in Millburn. Sounds like a long way away, but I know from experience that rentals can be hard to find in popular areas. I have researched Millburn and visited last xmas in the snow!...my questions are:

1.Look like all the elementary schools are good. South Mountain looks similar to our values...any offers on advice for the elementary's.

2. Rentals look sparse....I want to start early to find one starting next Feb (2012). Budget up to $5500...does this sound reasonable and are there any 'unknown to me' local websites showing rentals.

Thankyou!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2011, 9:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Millburn in a while

Originally Posted by karenmillvalley
Hi All

Am a brit ex pat living currently in San Fran bay area. Going back to where we started 10 years ago...New Jersey. Hubby is already working east side and we want to find a rental by the new year in Millburn. Sounds like a long way away, but I know from experience that rentals can be hard to find in popular areas. I have researched Millburn and visited last xmas in the snow!...my questions are:

1.Look like all the elementary schools are good. South Mountain looks similar to our values...any offers on advice for the elementary's.

2. Rentals look sparse....I want to start early to find one starting next Feb (2012). Budget up to $5500...does this sound reasonable and are there any 'unknown to me' local websites showing rentals.

Thankyou!!!!
Hello and welcome to BE and NJ.

If you use the search facility located at the top of the page you should be able to find loads of information. Go to Advanced Search and search for threads by Englishmum. She has posted extensively about Millburn/NJ/NYC.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Jerseygirl! I will
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jerseygirl! I will
Give me a shout if you can't find them. There are quite a few people on here living in Millburn and surrounding areas.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I'm seeing a lot that confirms my idea's about what Millburn is like. I guess I will wait a while and see if I can get some feedback. I have a strong feeling that I could find a rental through this site just as well as anywhere else!!...it is a fab place for info...glad I found BE today!
Old Jun 26th 2011, 2:58 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Moving to Millburn in a while

Hi Karen - I live in the township. Please send me a PM.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

soupoftheday is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Thankyou!!!!
Hello! Are you looking for a rental to drive across the country or a rental to move your things? That is a long way to drive either way. I would recommend hiring a moving service to move your items across the country for you. You could end up spending a fortune on gas, tolls, mileage, insurance, rental fees, stopping for food and rest, etc. You could also just ship your things and then take a flight to NJ, which would save you TIME!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for your thoughts....my husband is already in an apartment in NJ. We are still in CA but his company will be shipping all our worldly goods...thank goodness....it is expensive!