Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Houston

Moving to Houston

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

bobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nice
Default Moving to Houston

Hi ,

I am moving to Hoston with a 16 year old currently studying for GCSE and wanting to do A levels or IB next year.

I know the British School is an option - would anyone know whether there are any others? Any help gratefully received as schools will dictate where we eventually live - my work being close to IAH

Any help and feedback gladly appreciated.

Best regards
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Houston

Originally Posted by bobdubai
Hi ,

I am moving to Hoston with a 16 year old currently studying for GCSE and wanting to do A levels or IB next year.

I know the British School is an option - would anyone know whether there are any others? Any help gratefully received as schools will dictate where we eventually live - my work being close to IAH

Any help and feedback gladly appreciated.

Best regards
Hi there and welcome to BE.

We have quite a few member who post in the US Forums who live in the Houston area. I suggest you repost your question in the US Forum as you'll get a much better response in that forum. I'm sure the folk who post in there will do their very best to help you with questions about Houston or about life in the US in general.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a mod or admin. The mods for the US forums are Bob and MsElui. Although you can contact any mod or admin...there is usually one of us around 24/7.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:13 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BritishExpats. I hope you are finding your way around ok and getting to know everyone.

I don't live in Texas but came across this link, hope it's helpful.

Sue
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to BE!

I'm afraid I can't help with the school but also check out
http://www.city-data.com/forum/houston/

Between these two forums you should get lots of help.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

bobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nicebobdubai is just really nice

Thanks everyopne for the help and tips, much appreciated
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:57 am
Welsh and proud in Texas

tigerbaywarrior is on a distinguished road

Holla if you've questions about areas in Houston - plenty of opinions/advice here!

(Ignore the inevitable "why Houston...." brigade - they are just jealous.)
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

Lots of people from Houston on here. We will be moving down there soon. Sorry I can't help with your question but someone will soon
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

lonestargirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Lamar High School in River Oaks is an IB school - it's also a public school. Commute to IAH wouldn't be bad, you would be against traffic - it is a relatively expensive area to live in though.

Last edited by lonestargirl; Feb 23rd 2011 at 4:16 am. Reason: adding link
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 2:37 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
Just popping in to say hello as I live in Houston (well a bit further west in Katy actually) so thought I'd say hi.
Lots of us on here that are Houston residence and we'll all be happy to help. Welcome!