Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Florida

Wikiposts

Moving to Florida

Old Sep 8th 2003, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

I will PM you my friends email address. Geez I hope mine doesn't take that long. I will go insane by then. Bleedi aholes they are here, they think we enjoy sitting around on our butts doing nothing. Wouldn't they rather have us paying taxes?? Stupid systems they have. I get so frustrated.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
You've just described Florida weather to a tee! LOL!

LOL.... took the words out of my mouth- it's been the wettest Summer Floridian natives can remember.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: tampa area

Originally posted by suebo
Gibsonton, Bloomingdale, Riverview, Safety Harbor,Oldsmar,Egypt Lake, Carrollwood, Temple Terrace, Mango, Orient Park, Brandon, High Point, Pinellas Park, Lealman etc etc.
Cheers
Does anyone have any information on these suburbs. Are they okay to live in????
Old Sep 10th 2003, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean the move is definitely on?
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:04 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Sue...too busy an area for me to live, We are an hour North in the Countryside, You could not pay me enough to live in any of those areas, getting too old, I like the quiet after a lifetime of living and working in London. Pinellas park is supposed to be nice...A day driving around... will soon decide it for you.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:38 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I only really know Carrollwood, and generally speaking it's a good place to live. It's served by the Veterans Expressway (route 589) and would take roughly 20-25 mins to get to Swann ave. My husband worked not far away on Kennedy Blvd and that's how long it took him each day to the office. Carrollwood is mostly an Eighties built suburban area, very close to the Dale Mabry Highway which is like the main aorta of Tampa, running north to south all the way through Tampa, with every store and restaurant you can think of on it. Just above Carrollwood is Northdale which is the same again, and also Citrus Park would be worth looking at. All good places , in my opinion, although I'm biased as these areas were all close by for me. All depends on what you are looking and hoping for as to where you ultimately go. What are the priorities you are looking for in an area? Having said that, I think you might have commuting problems coming from Gibsonton, Riverview or Brandon areas, as the roads are very slow going during the rush hour. I can't remeber off hand, but I don't think it's a direct route to where you need to get to. That's all I can think of for now. Will keep pounding the brain and see what else it comes up with.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Vicky88
Does this mean the move is definitely on?
Won't know until next week, I think the only trouble we will have is hubby's boss letting him go
I like to research all my options first, to see if it will be worth our while.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
I only really know Carrollwood, and generally speaking it's a good place to live. It's served by the Veterans Expressway (route 589) and would take roughly 20-25 mins to get to Swann ave. My husband worked not far away on Kennedy Blvd and that's how long it took him each day to the office. Carrollwood is mostly an Eighties built suburban area, very close to the Dale Mabry Highway which is like the main aorta of Tampa, running north to south all the way through Tampa, with every store and restaurant you can think of on it. Just above Carrollwood is Northdale which is the same again, and also Citrus Park would be worth looking at. All good places , in my opinion, although I'm biased as these areas were all close by for me. All depends on what you are looking and hoping for as to where you ultimately go. What are the priorities you are looking for in an area? Having said that, I think you might have commuting problems coming from Gibsonton, Riverview or Brandon areas, as the roads are very slow going during the rush hour. I can't remeber off hand, but I don't think it's a direct route to where you need to get to. That's all I can think of for now. Will keep pounding the brain and see what else it comes up with.
Thanks for the info, I will look in to Citrus Park. I am basically looking for a decent 3-4 br 2bth nice house, no too old. A decent neighbourhood and preferably not on a busy street. So do you think it is best to look west and north?
Old Sep 11th 2003, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ray6
Sorry Sue...too busy an area for me to live, We are an hour North in the Countryside, You could not pay me enough to live in any of those areas, getting too old, I like the quiet after a lifetime of living and working in London. Pinellas park is supposed to be nice...A day driving around... will soon decide it for you.
Thanks Ray, Where is Pinellas Park located? How long do you think it would take to get to W Swann St?
Cheers
Old Sep 11th 2003, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ladyofthelake, sorry my mail box was full, have just cleared it
Old Sep 11th 2003, 6:18 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ray, Where is Pinellas Park located? How long do you think it would take to get to W Swann St?
Cheers
Pinellas Park a bit too far...But Citrus Park very good choice..
I have even picked the model for you ...go to:
http://www.newhomes.com/Florida/Citr...al_estate.html
scroll down to the bottom and click on the 'Lodge'

Alternatively go a bit further North and get into Pasco County, lower Taxes, but may be a bit too far for you ...
Old Sep 11th 2003, 6:46 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Ladyofthelake, sorry my mail box was full, have just cleared it
S'OK I've sent it again now.
Old Sep 11th 2003, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Alternatively go a bit further North and get into Pasco County, lower Taxes, but may be a bit too far for you ...
LMAO, I think I'll take two at that price. Thanks for the link, will have a look around on it
Cheers
Old Sep 11th 2003, 6:58 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent website...

I wanted to move to florida a while back, but never could find decent houses in a suitable price bracket. Cheers mate!
Old Sep 15th 2003, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well looks like we are on the move. Hubby spoke to his boss today and he is making the necessary calls for our transfer. So Tampa here we come in Feb/March 2004.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.