Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Denver

Moving to Denver

Old Oct 16th 2019, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Noodler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Denver

Moved to Denver 2 years ago and lived in Highlands Ranch for most of it but now live downtown right by Union station. I used to park at the Littleton Mineral station, which is free, and get the light rail in. Really easy and cheap commute.

been all the mountain resorts and done lots of trips and things locally so happy to offer any advice.

one tip for credit is to get yourself an Amex card in the UK. Once you have had it for 3 months you can apply for an American card when you get here and they will assess you under their global transfer scheme. I got a high limit as soon as I arrived and it really helps with building credit fast. I also managed to get a large mortgage in less than 2 years by understanding the credit system and building fast.

Get your wife to join the British Girls in Denver group on Facebook. Lots of really nice people who will offer lots of advice and your wife will get to meet lots of. We friends.

pm me if you want any info.