Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Chicago

Moving to Chicago

Old Aug 26th 2011, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nfDeo_vXoI&NR=1

Here's a look at the last Blizzard to hit Chicago.

Jim.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Im moving to Chicago on Thursday!! Finally get to be with my husband! Not overly excited about the prospect of winter though! Ive been in Chicago every month of the year except jan/feb/march with good reason!
Got our tickets for a few blackhawk games this year, cant wait to actually see a whole season this year!
Old Aug 26th 2011, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hockeysarah View Post
Im moving to Chicago on Thursday!! Finally get to be with my husband! Not overly excited about the prospect of winter though! Ive been in Chicago every month of the year except jan/feb/march with good reason!
Got our tickets for a few blackhawk games this year, cant wait to actually see a whole season this year!
You'll be fine. Just wrap up warm and don't spend too much unnecessary time outdoors.. not like us. We went to see the Bears against the Patriots at Soldierfield on one of the most bitterly cold, snowy days in December. We quite literally lost all feelings in our hands and feet. I just couldn't wait for the game to end. Sad, really.

Never actually made it to see the hawks. I did see the Bulls a few times and they were excellent.

Ah, i shall miss those teams. Not sure there is all that much to route for here in Louisville. The Cardinals, I believe. Don't even know what sport they play, but it's probably baseball... and I HATE baseball.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 2:42 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keira-2007 View Post
You'll be fine. Just wrap up warm and don't spend too much unnecessary time outdoors.. not like us. We went to see the Bears against the Patriots at Soldierfield on one of the most bitterly cold, snowy days in December. We quite literally lost all feelings in our hands and feet. I just couldn't wait for the game to end. Sad, really.

Never actually made it to see the hawks. I did see the Bulls a few times and they were excellent.

Ah, i shall miss those teams. Not sure there is all that much to route for here in Louisville. The Cardinals, I believe. Don't even know what sport they play, but it's probably baseball... and I HATE baseball.
It's all basketball here. College basketball. You either support UK (University of Kentucky) or U of L (University of Louisville) UK is blue and U of L is red (Cardinals).

There's a minor league baseball team as well. Closest Pro sports are Indy or Cinci. Maybe Nashville.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hockeysarah View Post
If you have some property to take care of, sidewalks or driveways etc., buy a decent snowblower when they go on sale. Otherwise, they sell out rather quickly when the defacation hits the rotary oscillator, weatherwise.

Jim
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scouse Express View Post
If you have some property to take care of, sidewalks or driveways etc., buy a decent snowblower when they go on sale. Otherwise, they sell out rather quickly when the defacation hits the rotary oscillator, weatherwise.

Jim
My husband has two snowblowers! He usually does the whole blocks driveways for some extra cash! So all sorted on that front!