Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to CALIFORNIA (LA). Help!

Wikiposts

Moving to CALIFORNIA (LA). Help!

Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:50 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to CALIFORNIA (LA). Help!

Originally Posted by britontour
I guess you are right if I was staying longer I'd do the test just to save on the insurance, but I've heard there's quite a queue at the DMV and I can't be arsed to queue.

No worse than SoCal freeway traffic.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 1:54 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
The 10 days is not enforced here .. it takes that to get to the front of the line at the DMV

BTW, in CA you can make an appointment at the DMV by phone or online...
Old Oct 14th 2005, 2:53 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
BTW, in CA you can make an appointment at the DMV by phone or online...

you still have line-up
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:08 am
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

you still have line-up
You have to have registered and got your appointment date from the DMV within 10 days of arriving regardless of when they actually give you your appointment. If you get stopped and you can not tell the rozzers when your appointment is, you will get a big fine.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bored-silly
You have to have registered and got your appointment date from the DMV within 10 days of arriving regardless of when they actually give you your appointment. If you get stopped and you can not tell the rozzers when your appointment is, you will get a big fine.
where you pissed last night ? FFS how deep is your pool ?
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:23 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

where you pissed last night ? FFS how deep is your pool ?
I guess 8ft ....
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
I guess 8ft ....
12ft actually
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:39 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

12ft actually
JeeZ!!!! The builder must have a diving fan ... Never seen one that deep ...
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
JeeZ!!!! The builder must have a diving fan ... Never seen one that deep ...
The previous owner was a big swimmer - its nearly 40ft long as well
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:46 am

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I guess 8ft ....
Thank you Ray - that's what I said. There was a new pair of boots in it for me but Mr BS said 12ft and won an iPod Nano
Why on earth is it so bloody deep? That's deeper than the pool where I learned to swim FFS?
Old Oct 14th 2005, 4:23 am
Ray

Originally Posted by bored-silly
Thank you Ray - that's what I said. There was a new pair of boots in it for me but Mr BS said 12ft and won an iPod Nano
Why on earth is it so bloody deep? That's deeper than the pool where I learned to swim FFS?
Have you worked out the gallonage .. nust have a huge filter to cover that
must be 35k gallons plus ..
Old Oct 14th 2005, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Ray
Have you worked out the gallonage .. nust have a huge filter to cover that
must be 35k gallons plus ..
I think he has been lied to......
Eskimo, get your tape measure out please, there is a new pair of cowboy boots on this (god, I'm funny)