Reload this Page >

Moving back to USA

Wikiposts

Moving back to USA

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

TheGoodRebel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to USA

I had a CR1 visa back in 2007 via DCF in London, and stayed in America for about 6months but unfortunately due to some problems we came back to the UK.

Now my wife has gone back to America in October to get a job and file the I-130 to bring me over again.

I have a few questions that I am wondering people could answer:

As I still have my social Security card, do I write this on my applications and will this still be valid when I move over.

Do I use my Alien Registration number from my CR1 that is expired on the form?

On the I-130 it says has your relative ever been immigration proceedings?
It says where and when (I would put London and the date I went to the Embassy?)

And under it has Removal, Exclusion / Deportation , Receision , Judicial Proceedings. (What do I tick?)

With regards to the sponsorship, does my sponsors have to do the forms again as they filed out the forms in 2007.

Do I stay in the UK until I get a letter for an interview to go over to the US? I don’t want to get a letter in the UK saying I gota attend a interview in a week in New York or something silly.

Anyway I got shoot to work, im sure I will be back for more advice!
Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to USA

Originally Posted by TheGoodRebel
As I still have my social Security card, do I write this on my applications and will this still be valid when I move over.
Yes, use it on the application... and the number is yours for life, it will be valid.

Do I use my Alien Registration number from my CR1 that is expired on the form?
Yes.

On the I-130 it says has your relative ever been immigration proceedings?
Answer "no" to this question. You have not been in "immigration proceedings" which is usually a really bad thing!

With regards to the sponsorship, does my sponsors have to do the forms again as they filed out the forms in 2007.
Your wife is your sponsor, even if she doesn't qualify financially. But yes, if your joint sponsor had previously completed an I-864 and your wife is not yet financially stable, they will need to complete another I-864 with current information. If your wife is currently employed and earning at or above the 125% poverty level, a joint sponsor may be unnecessary.

Do I stay in the UK until I get a letter for an interview to go over to the US?
You can visit the US, but since it'll take 8-10 months before you get a visa I wouldn't worry too much about it just now.

Ian
Old Nov 4th 2010, 2:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Do I stay in the UK until I get a letter for an interview to go over to the US? I don’t want to get a letter in the UK saying I gota attend a interview in a week in New York or something silly.
Your visa interview will be in London. No need to worry about having to make a quick trip to the USA.

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks for getting back to me so quick, really appreciate it.

If my wife finds a job that makes over the poverty line, would I still need a joint sponsor as she would have no money in her previous years tax returns as she has been in the uk?

Also is there a minimum period she has to have been in employment,
for example if she gets a job that is over the poverty line and starts in March and becomes a .

also what if she gets a job fills out all the sponsorship papers etc and gets made redundant,sacked or whatever just after submitting the documents. Would we have to inform them?

Cheers
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:26 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

I think she'd be expected to show at least a few months of pay slips, so she'd probably need to have been in the job a minimum of three and a half months, but that's just my guess. If her job meets the income requirements then you wouldn't need a joint sponsor.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There is no minimum time line on how long she has to have been on the job. If it is a new position, a letter on company letterhead stating her position and annual salary along with two or three paychecks will be sufficient.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 7:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If my wife finds a job that makes over the poverty line, would I still need a joint sponsor as she would have no money in her previous years tax returns as she has been in the uk?
No, if your wife currently meets the financial requirements on her own, she does not need a joint sponsor.

Also is there a minimum period she has to have been in employment,
for example if she gets a job that is over the poverty line and starts in March and becomes a .
No, there is no minimum period for having been employed, although it's a good idea to have a few current paystubs to show. A letter on company letterhead will be helpful as well.

also what if she gets a job fills out all the sponsorship papers etc and gets made redundant,sacked or whatever just after submitting the documents. Would we have to inform them?
Yes, if her employment situation changes from the time she submits the I-864 to NVC and the time you appear for your interview, you'll have to bring updated I-864 information to your interview. A new I-864 from your wife, showing her current income status, and if it's below poverty guidelines, then an I-864 from a joint sponsor as well.

Rene
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

thanks to all the responses!