Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Im witnessing history tomorrow

Old Nov 6th 2010, 1:36 am
Banned

drop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the rough
Default Im witnessing history tomorrow

Whenever I sense history is about to be made I go to the spot in which it will occur. I've been to many of the greatest sporting, entertainment and political events in the last 35 years and I'll be in Louisville Kentucky tomorrow to watch perfection on four legs, the most beautiful creature on the planet, the greatest thing on earth, the only female I ever really ever fell in love with.........................Zenyatta.

I was at her first race in Los Angeles in November of 07 and at nearly 6-1 it was love at first site, she won that one by 3 and she hasn't lost since. She's 19 and 0 and trying to end a career at 20 and Oh in the Breeders Cup Classic against a field of the fastest, biggest, baddest, most seasoned, grizzled, battle tested mature males horses on the planet. Women don't beat men, not in track, not in tennis, not in golf, not nowhere, and fillies don't beat colts..The task is unthinkable, almost impossible but if somehow, someway she can win this race i'll have a story for the great grandkids.

ABC TV- Look for me and my wife by the finish line. I'm tall, my wife is blonde and short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-bcju0EMXg&feature=fvsr

For Handicappers
http://www1.drf.com/formulator-web/F...rmance-race/11

Last edited by drop step; Nov 6th 2010 at 1:50 am.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im witnessing history tomorrow

Isn't there a forum for people who wana talk crap about sport, if of course you are talking about sport, I mean rats have four legs don't they!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the warning. I'll make sure I leave town.

But anyways, call me biased. Nobody loves horses more than us Louisville natives.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I sense history is about to be made I go to the spot in which it will occur.
Did you go to the moon ?
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat
Did you go to the moon ?
Dont be daft he was there when they built the pyramids you cant be everywhere you know!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to see history in the making I am planning on cleaning the bathroom Sunday afternoon. ( around 11am ).
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:20 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to be there. I loved racing before I came here but here it's usually all about the betting. I used to go to the Silver Ring so I could watch them in the paddock before going out to the track. I loved to watch the people, some scanning the bookies for the best price on their pick, watching the bookies, I marveled at the way the clerks could know the price for any ticket, at a glance. And then, the race. Sometimes, I would bet the horse I expected to win but cheer another that was an old favourite. I liked the sticks best, I'll never forget Mill House and Arkle battling it out.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:33 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I liked the sticks best, I'll never forget Mill House and Arkle battling it out.
Ah, a kindred spirit! Do you remember a beautiful horse named Frenchman's Cove of that era? He won the King George VI and the Whitbread and was favorite for the National one year, but got brought down. I loved that horse!
Old Nov 6th 2010, 5:26 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Ah, a kindred spirit! Do you remember a beautiful horse named Frenchman's Cove of that era? He won the King George VI and the Whitbread and was favorite for the National one year, but got brought down. I loved that horse!
I do. Another great. I did have some favourites on the flat too, Trelawney who seemed to win the two long distance races at Goodwood each year. And I thrilled to watch Induna. Induna was a bad tempered colt who spun around at the "off" in the Epsom Derby, lost about nineteen lengths and then steadily caught up to be third. They gelded him and he grew big, always carried top weight, Scobie Breasley would give him a tap with two furlongs to go and he would open up and go like a big train. He was often beaten by lesser horses to whom he might be giving three stone and an apprentice allowance.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

I do. Another great. I did have some favourites on the flat too, Trelawney who seemed to win the two long distance races at Goodwood each year. And I thrilled to watch Induna. Induna was a bad tempered colt who spun around at the "off" in the Epsom Derby, lost about nineteen lengths and then steadily caught up to be third. They gelded him and he grew big, always carried top weight, Scobie Breasley would give him a tap with two furlongs to go and he would open up and go like a big train. He was often beaten by lesser horses to whom he might be giving three stone and an apprentice allowance.
Even if you are not into horse racing, watching this beautiful girl make history is very special..
Old Nov 6th 2010, 6:56 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I did have some favourites on the flat too, Trelawney who seemed to win the two long distance races at Goodwood each year.
Trelawney was a wonderful horse. And Scobie Breasley -- there's a name I haven't heard in decades! I didn't follow the flat the way I did NH, but from that era I liked Ragusa -- especially as he won the St. Leger on my home turf (no pun intended!).
Old Nov 7th 2010, 1:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drop step
Whenever I sense history is about to be made I go to the spot in which it will occur. I've been to many of the greatest sporting, entertainment and political events in the last 35 years and I'll be in Louisville Kentucky tomorrow to watch perfection on four legs, the most beautiful creature on the planet, the greatest thing on earth, the only female I ever really ever fell in love with.........................Zenyatta.

I was at her first race in Los Angeles in November of 07 and at nearly 6-1 it was love at first site, she won that one by 3 and she hasn't lost since. She's 19 and 0 and trying to end a career at 20 and Oh in the Breeders Cup Classic against a field of the fastest, biggest, baddest, most seasoned, grizzled, battle tested mature males horses on the planet. Women don't beat men, not in track, not in tennis, not in golf, not nowhere, and fillies don't beat colts..The task is unthinkable, almost impossible but if somehow, someway she can win this race i'll have a story for the great grandkids.

ABC TV- Look for me and my wife by the finish line. I'm tall, my wife is blonde and short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-bcju0EMXg&feature=fvsr

For Handicappers
http://www1.drf.com/formulator-web/F...rmance-race/11

Now she's 19-1. Came in a very close second..
Old Nov 7th 2010, 12:20 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

ooops
Old Nov 7th 2010, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Now she's 19-1. Came in a very close second..
If she'd had a decent jockey

Those US jockeys are appalling, 99.9% of them anyway.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 1:00 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I sense history is about to be made I go to the spot in which it will occur. I've been to many of the greatest sporting, entertainment and political events in the last 35 years...

Life is like a box of chocolates...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.