Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving Back To The UK

Moving Back To The UK

Old Sep 25th 2004, 4:59 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving Back To The UK

This has been probably asked many times before and I'm sorry to repeat a thread.

I was just curious to know, that if my wife and I decided to move to England, what would I need to do to get her a Visa?

This is something that may or may not happen, but we wanted to know what would be involved and how quickly it could be done.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 5:23 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Back To The UK

Originally Posted by rincewind
This has been probably asked many times before and I'm sorry to repeat a thread.

I was just curious to know, that if my wife and I decided to move to England, what would I need to do to get her a Visa?

This is something that may or may not happen, but we wanted to know what would be involved and how quickly it could be done.
Here you go, mate. http://www.britainusa.com/visas/othe...5&Other_ID=322

Haven't done it myself, so can't help on the timeframe, but I have heard it is a damn sight faster and cheaper than coming here! $494 and you can now apply online.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 5:34 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
Here you go, mate. http://www.britainusa.com/visas/othe...5&Other_ID=322

Haven't done it myself, so can't help on the timeframe, but I have heard it is a damn sight faster and cheaper than coming here! $494 and you can now apply online.
Superb. Thanks for that.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 9:12 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Its a very long process... it can take all of 6 hours to complete!
Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

bugger ain't it...how much easier it is that way around...but oh well
Old Sep 26th 2004, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to think thats maybe because your average Brit is blessed with at least some common sense - unlike robotic US immigration officials - "Does not compute! I cannot think for myself! I have no initiative! Forms are so complicated even we immigration officals can't understand them anyway!"
Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:07 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk is the place to look at.

After three years living in the UK, she would normally be able to apply for British citizenship.

If planning to leave the US - you also need to consider your own status if you're a green card holder and not a US citizen.

The 'moving back to UK' forum is a better place to ask questions about UK visas, immigration and citizenship issues.

Jeremy