Wikiposts

Move to NJA

Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:50 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to NJA

Originally Posted by Braintreegirl
Whereabouts are you? What is the IB programme? Do we have honours and AP classes in New Jersey and the IB programme?
I think your question about IB has ben answered. My children love the IB programme and it did count for something when my eldest applied to colleges.
I'm in PA.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Braintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Moving to NJ - it's not called the "armpit of the US" for nothing!
Where's the fabulous place you live in then?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:30 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

NJ - it's not called the "armpit of the US" for nothing!
usually by people who've never been there
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:49 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

How much food are you allowed to bring over - I presume this has to be in the hold!!

Thanks
If you are using professional movers they won't allow you now to bring cases of baked beans etc over, I did the 1st time I moved but the last time nearly 2 yrs ago, they said the law had changed and I couldn't pack any food.
I brought food in my suitcase instead.

If your company is paying for it you can bring your UK TV just for playing all the PS2 games etc. You can get good step up and down transformers here, but theres not much I use them for.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

He's in Miami but was going to head to northern Florida.

Take no notice...NJ gets a bad rap because of the industrial areas around the airport...Newark and Jersey City. Where we live it's very green...lots of lakes and trees. It's well located for NYC, Boston, Philly, DC etc...best of all it only takes 6.5 hrs to the UK...with plenty of cheap flights to London from Liberty or JFK airports.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
He's in Miami but was going to head to northern Florida.

Take no notice...NJ gets a bad rap because of the industrial areas around the airport...Newark and Jersey City. Where we live it's very green...lots of lakes and trees. It's well located for NYC, Boston, Philly, DC etc...best of all it only takes 6.5 hrs to the UK...with plenty of cheap flights to London from Liberty or JFK airports.
Its the garden state, right??
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:22 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
If you are using professional movers they won't allow you now to bring cases of baked beans etc over, I did the 1st time I moved but the last time nearly 2 yrs ago, they said the law had changed and I couldn't pack any food.
I brought food in my suitcase instead.

If your company is paying for it you can bring your UK TV just for playing all the PS2 games etc. You can get good step up and down transformers here, but theres not much I use them for.
We moved 20 months ago and our movers got a list of allowed foods from customs or some gvt dept. That was because I wanted to bring all my dad's malt whiskey but thats another story.
We could bring all the things we wanted to...trays of tinned stuff, tbags, spices, biscuits, boxes of Walkers crisps, chocolate, all the usual. The only thing they hesitated over was rice and flour but we brought them anyway.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
We moved 20 months ago and our movers got a list of allowed foods from customs or some gvt dept. That was because I wanted to bring all my dad's malt whiskey but thats another story.
We could bring all the things we wanted to...trays of tinned stuff, tbags, spices, biscuits, boxes of Walkers crisps, chocolate, all the usual. The only thing they hesitated over was rice and flour but we brought them anyway.
Mmmm any Lagavulin in that consignment???

Trade ya for a bag of Hula Hoops!!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Florida.. the Sunshine State!

Last edited by anotherlimey; Jun 27th 2007 at 12:43 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
usually by people who've never been there
I've been there about 5 times too many!

Last edited by anotherlimey; Jun 27th 2007 at 12:44 pm. Reason: Terrible use of Engwish!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I've been there about 5 times too often!
Obviously not to Morris County or Somerset or....
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:44 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I've been there about 5 times too often!
Where in NJ have you been then?
And a cab ride from EWR into Manhattan doesn't count.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Obviously not to Morris County or Somerset or....
My issue isn't with the state as a whole, I just hate the large cities, but then again I hate all large cities; it's just that NJ's seem more dirty than others.

I'm quoting someone else who said it was the armpit of the US.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by elfman
Where in NJ have you been then?
And a cab ride from EWR into Manhattan doesn't count.
I'll be honest, I've not been to the country part; I've been to Newark and surrounding areas, then down to AC, and all the bits in-between.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

My issue isn't with the state as a whole, I just hate the large cities, but then again I hate all large cities; it's just that NJ's seem more dirty than others.

I'm quoting someone else who said it was the armpit of the US.
I agree with you there...most large cities in all countries are dirty. NJ just gets a bad rap...because of Jersey City, Newark, Trenton and Camden.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.