Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mother newbie moving to the US .. sorry!

Mother newbie moving to the US .. sorry!

Old Dec 9th 2018, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Annieq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mother newbie moving to the US .. sorry!

Hi,
i guess I'm about to ask the same questions that have been asked thousands of times, and for that I apologies, but there is so much info on this site I find it confusing.

i have just had my I 128f approved and have to start getting quotes for stuff..

1) Advise on removal companies to use in the U.K..
Any pitfall I should aware of ?
2). I want to ship my car... which is best is removal co or vehicle exporter?

thats my starter questions, I'm sure there will be more
thank you
Old Dec 9th 2018, 3:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mother newbie moving to the US .. sorry!

Welcome to BE.

We used Pickfordsa and were pleased with the services, although it was a long time ago.

Why do you want to import your car, is it vintage?
Old Dec 9th 2018, 3:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you perhaps mean I-129F for a fiance visa?

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2018, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi, yes I meant I 129f visa., and no my car isn't vintage but my fiancé thinks it a good idea for me to take it
Old Dec 9th 2018, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Also I need to take my dog and two cats....
anyone have any recommendations for importers ?
thank you
Old Dec 9th 2018, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annieq
Hi, yes I meant I 129f visa., and no my car isn't vintage but my fiancé thinks it a good idea for me to take it
Why? the steering wheel will be on the wrong side making driving a nightmare...... and no-one will want to buy it.
Old Dec 9th 2018, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

He says they will... I don't know
Old Dec 9th 2018, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Sell it before you set off.

How does he know your car will pass safety laws for the USA to get it registered? Will American insurers even underwrite it?

​​​​​
Old Dec 9th 2018, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

He's wrong ......
Old Dec 9th 2018, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unlikely to be practical, is it a car that was exported to the US? I know it was not for mine.
Old Dec 9th 2018, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

My dog is heading to the uk this week from the USA we used petrelocation however there are Uk companies that help with having your dogs and cats shipped here. Just google pet relocation companies .. some people coordinate the paperwork and communicate with the airlines them selves it usually costs less that way. I found it much easier to use the petrelocation they did the paparfwork organizing of flights and coordinates the vaccines based on the specific time frames the UK has in place.
Goodluck
Old Dec 9th 2018, 5:18 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

What make of car is it?
Old Dec 9th 2018, 7:33 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, welcome to BE.

Regarding the pets, this wiki entry should still be broadly correct. We brought ours over in 2010 so things could have changed some since then, but the broad principles are still right, I think. https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Bringing_Pets

Regarding the car, it’s going to cost you a bunch to ship it over. It’s going to need inspection(s) over here to be legal. It’s also going to be difficult and costly to insure - something that is already crazy expensive for new people. And unless it is a very unique car, it is going to take a massive hit on value should you ever want to sell it. It’s also going to be less safe for you (your sight lines, etc will be in the wrong place for pulling out at junctions, stuff like that). We’re not saying that there isn’t a good reason for bringing a car over, but we are saying that it is very unlikely it makes sense for the vast majority of people.
Old Dec 9th 2018, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

A Volvo C70 convertsble
Old Dec 9th 2018, 9:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

How many children are you bringing with you and their ages? Do you have their father's permission for them to emigrate with you? And why are you sorry you are moving to the US?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.