Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mother kills again.

Mother kills again.

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:12 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mother kills again.

Not sure if you have heard the news thoughout the states, a mum in Plano TX, cut off her baby girls arms yesterday and the toddler bleed to death.

I just heard on the radio, the 911 call from the mother and its simply unreal, the mum is calm as you like as she tells the chap how she killed her daughter, in the background you can hear hymes and she is humming along.

What in the world would drive someone that crazy? its so sickening I can barely stand it, sympathies to the ER crews that were first on the scene, how does someone ever get over that image?
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mother kills again.

Mad isn't it? All over the local news last night and today here in Dallas - the tap was very disturbing.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:21 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an AP article on the incident-

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/11232004_nw_severedarms.html
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:22 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
Not sure if you have heard the news thoughout the states, a mum in Plano TX, cut off her baby girls arms yesterday and the toddler bleed to death.

I just heard on the radio, the 911 call from the mother and its simply unreal, the mum is calm as you like as she tells the chap how she killed her daughter, in the background you can hear hymes and she is humming along.

What in the world would drive someone that crazy? its so sickening I can barely stand it, sympathies to the ER crews that were first on the scene, how does someone ever get over that image?
Our daughter is the same age as that little girl and she was asleep on my chest when we saw the news last night. I don't understand how anyone could do that to a baby.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:26 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser

Hymns in the background, Angel statues on the front lawn - Jesus must have told her to do it. Crazy
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:26 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Heard it on the news last night...I don't even have any kids and it's still upsetting. What was going through her head when she did it?
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:27 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

-> Google News

Horrible horrible horrible.
I've read and seen some terrible things in my time, but this...

Hope she gets some help.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

More likely to get the chair here - shes charged with Capital Murder
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 7:20 pm
warksgirl

As a mother of two, I cannot even begin to understand how mentally screwed up a woman must be to do something like that to her own children. What that child experienced is beyond comprehension.

It's a frightening world sometimes.

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
More likely to get the chair here - shes charged with Capital Murder
I pity her she has to have been very disturbed to do something like that... My daughter just turned 11 months 2 days ago I can't even imagine thinking of doing something like that to her let alone actually doing it. That poor baby... what she must have gone through
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 8:47 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie
->
Hope she gets some help.
Me too. Electoshock therapy from "Old Sparky".
No doubt she'll get off on Temp Insanity or some other horse shit.

Fry the bitch. And don't use the wet sponge.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Me too. Electoshock therapy from "Old Sparky".
No doubt she'll get off on Temp Insanity or some other horse shit.

Fry the bitch. And don't use the wet sponge.
Why is it horse shit? I think what she did is absolutely horrific but she was treated for post natel depression and CPS have had previous involvment with the family due to her mental state... I think there is more than just her to blaim here.

Ash
Old Nov 24th 2004, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I think what she did is absolutely horrific but she was treated for post natel depression and CPS have had previous involvment with the family due to her mental state... I think there is more than just her to blaim here.

Ash
Ash, I agree with you. From what I read she suffered from severe post partum depression after the birth of this child, as well as after her older children. It is really time for society to start treating PPD as the serious disease that it is, instead of shrugging it off as 'the baby blues'.

As someone who suffered from PPD after my child was born, I know all too well that you can have some very weird thoughts. Although in my case they never got as weird as this, especially since the first time it happened (and that was a 'mere' do I really have to feed her today, I'm so tired), I right away -at the very moment I thought that- called everyone and their brother for help, also got meds, and in the end everything turned up roses.

I don't know or understand what flips some people over the edge and makes them hurt a child so badly, and others somehow manage to get help before things get bad, and I will never understand why things like these keep happening.

What happened is absolutely horrible, but with her mental history known to the appropriate athorities (and they knew) they should have never have closed her case. That's what my mind says about this.... my heart just cries for another precious little life brutally ended, and in such a horrific way too... Poor little child.

Elaine
Old Nov 24th 2004, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I suffered from Post Natal Depression particularly badly after my second child and while I don't understand what was going on in this mothers head, I can see how she got there.

I heard the phone call on the television yesterday and as Yosser said, she was completely calm and detached. She had already been hospitalised for several weeks, she was suffering from Post Natal or Partum Depression as they call it here and was receiving treatment for it apparently.

Social Services or whatever they are called here had opened a file on her shortly after the baby was born so there must have been some concern on their part.

What people need to understand is that while some scumbags will use temporary insanity as a means to get away with something, mental illness does exist and post natal depression does take over your mind in a way that you can neither understand nor recognize a lot of the time.

I can't begin to imagine what this mother is going to go through when her illness fades and reality comes back. If she truly is ill, and it does sound like she is, nothing anyone can do to her will compare to the way she will feel faced with the reality of what she has done to her child.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
I suffered from Post Natal Depression particularly badly after my second child and while I don't understand what was going on in this mothers head, I can see how she got there.

I heard the phone call on the television yesterday and as Yosser said, she was completely calm and detached. She had already been hospitalised for several weeks, she was suffering from Post Natal or Partum Depression as they call it here and was receiving treatment for it apparently.

Social Services or whatever they are called here had opened a file on her shortly after the baby was born so there must have been some concern on their part.

What people need to understand is that while some scumbags will use temporary insanity as a means to get away with something, mental illness does exist and post natal depression does take over your mind in a way that you can neither understand nor recognize a lot of the time.

I can't begin to imagine what this mother is going to go through when her illness fades and reality comes back. If she truly is ill, and it does sound like she is, nothing anyone can do to her will compare to the way she will feel faced with the reality of what she has done to her child.

Imagine being the other surviving children.. Thats so traumatic.. Knowing your own mother killed your younger sibling, and in such a horrific way....!!
And what about the husband...
I am sorry but there is no way he didn't know her condition or could see she was not right.. I had PPD after I had my twins... Actually got to the suicidal stage myself although with husbands help I was seen by our doctor and treated..... The reason it got so bad was actually hormonal.. My hormone levels were incredibly screwed up....
Could be that due to health costs they were unable to afford decent care...

Who knows.......
Tragic thing to happen... There will be the usual news drama and a lot of hype.. A drawn out legal battle costing thousands... Makes no differernce.. A child is still dead....
I just hope something good comes out of this, to help stop this type of thing happening again......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.