Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Money Transfer Problems

Money Transfer Problems

Old Dec 8th 2011, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Jordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really nice
Default Money Transfer Problems

Recently a number of US based members have posted that they have been notified by their current money transfer provider that as they are based in the US they will no longer be able to help.

Are you in this position? I’d like to see if members had received this notification and to see if there is a possible solution.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 5:07 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money Transfer Problems

I received such a e-mail from currencyonline.com who I believe are part of HiFX.

Previously to that, some months ago, World First advised I could no longer trade online with them, I would have to call their UK office. Just last week World First advised that online trading is available again online, but only if the receiving bank account in the US is in my name.

I have reactivated my MoneyCorp account, hadn't realized you had deactivated it, and am waiting for online trading to be set up. With the time difference on the US west coast online trading is much more convenient.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

We use Halo (last week) and have heard nothing about them discontinuing.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 4:25 am
Just Joined

mrpriceisright is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Money Transfer Problems

ukforex and hifx.co.uk have both told me that currently no longer do any transfers to the USA. hifx actually called me on friday to say they were cancelling a transaction booked last monday, that they had even confirmed the day before. Does seem strange if the new regs dont go in to effect til january.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

I just logged into my ukforex account and seem to be able to generate a spot deal quote to transfer GBP to USD. If they weren't doing UK to US transfers anymore, not sure why I would be able to do that.

I may just go ahead and attempt a deal tomorrow (at work now and need to have my card reader thingy which is at home in order to log into my Barclays account) to see if they will let me do it.