Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My journey begins

My journey begins

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all
Default My journey begins

Hi everyone

I'm engaged to my beautiful fiancee Gin (short for Gininda) who lives in Utah, and she's just sent in the initial I-129F today. Here's hoping on no RFE!

This will, no doubt, be a seemingly long process, but it's started, and it gets us closer to a time when we can be together

I've no doubt that I'll be back with questions at various points

Wish us luck
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My journey begins

Just a few pints of scrumpy and all will be well. Utah is a beautiful state especially southern Utah.Good luck to you.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

JupiterAndBeyond will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rallybug
Hi everyone

I'm engaged to my beautiful fiancee Gin (short for Gininda) who lives in Utah, and she's just sent in the initial I-129F today. Here's hoping on no RFE!

This will, no doubt, be a seemingly long process, but it's started, and it gets us closer to a time when we can be together

Wish us luck
Good luck, I'm based in Bristol so you're just down the road! Our K-1 application is heading over the pond after Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough

Congratulations on the engagement. It seems like 5 mins ago that my wifey applied for my K1 visa. Its been 3 years now ive been here.

Good luck with the visa.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JupiterAndBeyond
Good luck, I'm based in Bristol so you're just down the road! Our K-1 application is heading over the pond after Thanksgiving!
I was born in Bristol (Redcliffe Hill) but lived in Cleeve Somerset just 10 miles down the road to Weston on the A370
Old Nov 24th 2010, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Wish us luck
Good luck - I'm around 8 months in and the time has indeed gone quickly
Old Nov 24th 2010, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

Thanks all - there seems to be a few country bumpkins on here then
Old Nov 24th 2010, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Carrot crunchers maybe lol
Old Nov 24th 2010, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

PhilN is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations,

I recently went through the process.... If your processing is anything like mine it will actually be quicker than you think..... But it will feel like ages while you wait!

We sent the application in July of 09, I had my interview at the embassy in January '10, moved at the end of Jan, married pretty quickly afterwards and received my conditional green card by September of '10.

I'm glad it's done now, looking back it seems quick..... But it was tough while we were sat around waiting!

Good luck and best wishes!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PhilN
Congratulations,

I recently went through the process.... If your processing is anything like mine it will actually be quicker than you think..... But it will feel like ages while you wait!

We sent the application in July of 09, I had my interview at the embassy in January '10, moved at the end of Jan, married pretty quickly afterwards and received my conditional green card by September of '10.

I'm glad it's done now, looking back it seems quick..... But it was tough while we were sat around waiting!

Good luck and best wishes!
How long for the EAD if the green card took 8 months?
Old Nov 25th 2010, 2:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

How long for the EAD if the green card took 8 months?
EADs typically take about 90 days to receive, after filing AOS.

Rene
Old Nov 25th 2010, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Noorah
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, the California Service Center received the I-129F on 1st December, so now just got to wait for the USCIS people to process it and send it on.

We're both avidly watching the progress on the USCIS website and Gininda has given them her email address and cell number for their notification trial thingy, so hopefully hear in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, we're looking at flights for her to come over here again in April, and due to her work that only leaves the week ending Easter Sunday - mucho $$$ alas

Going on other people's timescales I've read, that'll be the last visit until I move over permanently, if a December petition receipt = May/June interview... The hope is that I move over to Utah at the end of August, wedding on our engagement day in September If USCIS agrees, naturally
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it all - it's all more than worth the form filling and the waiting! I
Old Jan 8th 2011, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Well, the California Service Center received the I-129F on 1st December, so now just got to wait for the USCIS people to process it and send it on.

We're both avidly watching the progress on the USCIS website and Gininda has given them her email address and cell number for their notification trial thingy, so hopefully hear in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, we're looking at flights for her to come over here again in April, and due to her work that only leaves the week ending Easter Sunday - mucho $$$ alas

Going on other people's timescales I've read, that'll be the last visit until I move over permanently, if a December petition receipt = May/June interview... The hope is that I move over to Utah at the end of August, wedding on our engagement day in September If USCIS agrees, naturally
Good Luck to you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.