Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moms Clubs - are they all religious nutters?

Moms Clubs - are they all religious nutters?

Old Jan 29th 2005, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moms Clubs - are they all religious nutters?

Originally Posted by Shish kebab
Hi I am in the same boat as you I am at home with my 20 month old daughter and know there are no playgroups for kids unless you do go to a church and I don't do the church thing also. I lived in San Diego before here and met a nice group of mums in my local library at story time and they met one day every week at a park it would be a different park each week and sometimes the zoo. We would also go to the local Barnes and noble store for the story time. It was all organized with each other what we did each week and one woman had a web site so wee could check if there was any changes for that day due to the weather. It was great my daughter really enjoyed it and I enjoyed the adult chit chat even if a lot of it was baby talk. I have not found anything in LA yet and the area I live at the moment is mostly Mexican origin and I don't think they have the need for the company as much as me. So if you go to your local library you will get to meet new mums and find out if they have any play groups for your son’s age and Barnes and Noble is another good place. I always remind my friend at home how fortunate she is to have the nursery and the visit from the home visitor to give her all that information as I miss it. Good luck.
Thank you for your reply, where abouts in LA are you? you never know we could be quite close and we could start our own!
Old Jan 29th 2005, 6:43 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
Thank you for your reply, where abouts in LA are you? you never know we could be quite close and we could start our own!
You didn't tell me your husband is a Brummie?! Where is he from? ( Don't worry it can't be worse than where I was raised..... much)
Old Jan 29th 2005, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Shish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really nice

I am living in Van Nuys at the moment and hope to move from this area at the end of our lease next year. How about you were are you.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomelina
You didn't tell me your husband is a Brummie?! Where is he from? ( Don't worry it can't be worse than where I was raised..... much)

Redditch ha ha ha ha .....
Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am living in Van Nuys at the moment and hope to move from this area at the end of our lease next year. How about you were are you.

we are in claremont which is about 20 miles east of Pasadena on the 210 freeway
Old Jan 31st 2005, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Shish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really nice

we are in claremont which is about 20 miles east of Pasadena on the 210 freeway
Your away over there I hope it is a lot better than were I am.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Your away over there I hope it is a lot better than were I am.
Yes it is beautiful over here but I haven't been over your side yet.
We are known as 'the city of trees' and we even have a proper little village centre with some really good shops and a farmers market every Sunday. There's a fantastic childrens clothes shop and I couldn't believe it the first time I went in the guy that owns it is from Manchester! We also have some really nice parks and the streets are so clean you good eat your dinner off them! Schools are also excellent which is why we chose to live here. I sometimes forget that I'm in LA as it's so unlike what I imagined, I can even go out without locking the door!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Yes it is beautiful over here but I haven't been over your side yet.
We are known as 'the city of trees' and we even have a proper little village centre with some really good shops and a farmers market every Sunday. !
It sounds really nice over there. Unfortunately we did not have the time to check out were to live in LA when moving from San Diego. We only had a month to find a cheep enough place to live and move as my husband changed jobs. Were I am doesn’t have a lot of tree's but you can walk 20 min down the street and it is so green there is definitely a boundary between areas it is mostly Latino’s here and not too over friendly so you could say I am the odd one out. We have a big park that I go to but that is about it. I have never really settled in LA I think because of were I stay and I loved San Diego everyone was so friendly and it was beautiful. We are moving over to Burbank/Glendale area at the end of our lease this year hopefully I hear it is nice there and I can't wait. I have lived in worse but I am note used to being tied to an apartment lease and delay's being able to move.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

just a quick update, I have finally found one.....everyone seems nice, we don't have to go anywhere near a church, although I did get asked which one I went to and most importantly my son loved it...